Trio family awning

May 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

Just bought a second hand trio family awning size 1000 and having difficulty sorting the poles out (we may have too many ?). Has any one got a drawing of how the poles go together. I acn not find a trio web site www.triosport.dk does not open any ideas.

Many Thanks

Andy

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Andy

I had a trio family 850 up to a couple of years ago and found it eazy peezy to put up. A damn site easier than my current Isabella.

If yours is the same pole arrangement as mine try the following

Lay the poles out on the ground at the side of the van.If you look closely the pole ends should be numbered, the same number fits together.

1 You will have 3 "half length" poles with a hook on one end, these fasten into the eyes on the van buffers that stretch the awning against the van. place one at each side and one in the middle of the van.

2 There are three tubes that fit into the ones above to support the front uprights and the cross members. Two are the same, these go at the sides of the awning and the one that is slightly different (more short tubes sticking out of it) goes in the middle.Lock them in place with the screw fitting.

3 The front outer uprights are made up of two sections that extend on "notches" the center upright is made up of 3 sections with the bottom one adjustable on notches also. lay these out at each front corner of the awning and in the middle.

4 The front cross members are each made up of 2 sections these are usually fastened together with a spring steel clip and wire. lay these out accross the front of the awning.The top sections of the uprights may also have wire fastenings holding them together.

5 The 3 short tubes with hooks, support the front canopy.

Once you have laid the poles out on the floor and they look ok or actually erect the awning, I suggest that you get a pack of different coloured insulation tape and colour code the various jounts.

Note that it is easier to erect the awning if you unzip all of the removable panels first and just put the roof onto the van first with the poles in place, then refit the 4 panels, two front and one each side.

Hope this helps

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi! Andy, I Have a 950cm size Family and It's just like Alan says ,but you do have extra poles for support on the longer size awning 900cm upwards, these have plastic clips on them which clip on in the centre possitions of the 3 front poles, 2 upright supports and 2 roof supports.The roof supports having the hooks on them.

Feb 22, 2006
Visit site
Andy, I presume you have managed but if not I have a schematic A4 drawing which we laminated which shows how they all go together, including numbers and letters, I also have the accompanying handbook with erection instructions, if you need a copy I can be contacted at owainharris@aol.com.

Feb 22, 2006
Visit site
Andy, I presume you have managed but if not I have a schematic A4 drawing which we laminated which shows how they all go together, including numbers and letters, I also have the accompanying handbook with erection instructions, if you need a copy I can be contacted at owainharris@aol.com.
Andy,

following on from the drawing, we identified our poles using standard electrical tape - starting either from the left or right as you look at the van ( it doesn't really matter ) and mark the roof pole and vertical leg with one ' band ' of tape, the next pole gets 2 bands, the next 3 and so on. It's much easier grouping the taped bands together as opposed to looking for stamped in numbers and letters, especially if it's getting dark, starting to rain, and the kids are tired...we've got it down to 20 minutes including the pegs !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts