triomatic

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
hi, we have just bought another van that has a triomatic gas change over system. it is set up for red bottles, what i want to know is, can i change the regulators and run it on the blue bottles?. if it has to be red, will i be able to exchange blue for red?. thanks in advance, ray.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Red cylinders are Propane, which will allow you all year use without having to worry about low temperatures.
To save you the trouble of changing to Butane, just exchange your Butane (Blue) cylinders for Red (Propane).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi extrucker,

It seems from other details I have been able to see about the Triomatic, that the gas connections are bottle specific, so it is unlikely you can change it to work with Butane. It would probably cheaper to buy a Butane version, rather than trying convert your propane model.

However I wonder why you would want to change it to butane, as in the UK it will work just as well as butane and of course much better in winter.

as for price of gas check out your builders merchants who may well be cheaper for propane than your local caravan dealer.

TRENDING THREADS