Trip to Germany via NE France

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, we're off on our 5 week autumn trip at the end of Aug by starting with a 3 night stay outside Bruges. We then want to travel thro NE France Via Strasbourg to the Black Forest. After a couple of weeks there we aim to visit the Rhineland area esp. Rudesheim and return to Bruges via Luxemborg and the Ardennes.Any suggestions would be most welcome as we are using the ACSI card throughout and don't want to travel more tha 150 miles between sites.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
We always go past Brugges when travelling to Germany and do not touch France which is very expensive now for Fuel, and Road Tolls. We go to an ACSI site near Bitburg named Prumtal Camping, Oberweis 5 star, excellent site very friendly owner and staff with 5 star restaurant at 3 star prices we cannot fault it and have been there about 8 times. If you want to visit Luxemburg Vianden is 2o mins up the road for very cheap fuel. Page 210 in book site 466. From there we go to the Black Forest travelling always thro Germany to another ACSI site named Alisehof another 5 star site very friendly owner who even helps you site the van what ever time you arrive. This site is at Bad Rippoldsau-Schapbach in the centre of the Black Forest. Page 178 of ACSI Camping card book Site 371. We usually travel arouind 200 miles a day and do not find it too much with a Kia Sorento and Elddis Crusader Storm twin axle caravan and we are in our 70's.

Hope this helps if you want to know any more let me know.We have visited the Rhineland area many times meeting up with German Caravanning friends but neither of the sites we have used have been ACSI sites.

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dianne, sorry it's taken to reply but we've been up in the Cotswolds for a couple of weeks! My friend and I have both joined ACSI and will be using them throughout the trip.Have you ever used their DVD/CD ROM as it reads very well in their ad? Thanks for your info'and happy camping!

Regards Tony

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi Dianne, sorry it's taken to reply but we've been up in the Cotswolds for a couple of weeks! My friend and I have both joined ACSI and will be using them throughout the trip.Have you ever used their DVD/CD ROM as it reads very well in their ad? Thanks for your info'and happy camping!

Regards Tony

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
We always go past Brugges when travelling to Germany and do not touch France which is very expensive now for Fuel, and Road Tolls. We go to an ACSI site near Bitburg named Prumtal Camping, Oberweis 5 star, excellent site very friendly owner and staff with 5 star restaurant at 3 star prices we cannot fault it and have been there about 8 times. If you want to visit Luxemburg Vianden is 2o mins up the road for very cheap fuel. Page 210 in book site 466. From there we go to the Black Forest travelling always thro Germany to another ACSI site named Alisehof another 5 star site very friendly owner who even helps you site the van what ever time you arrive. This site is at Bad Rippoldsau-Schapbach in the centre of the Black Forest. Page 178 of ACSI Camping card book Site 371. We usually travel arouind 200 miles a day and do not find it too much with a Kia Sorento and Elddis Crusader Storm twin axle caravan and we are in our 70's.

Hope this helps if you want to know any more let me know.We have visited the Rhineland area many times meeting up with German Caravanning friends but neither of the sites we have used have been ACSI sites.
Hello Diane.

We are planning an autumn visit to Bavaria and would much appreciate recommendations on any other sites you have used in the area.

Also, do you have any experience / opinions as to the idea of staying out there to ensure a white Christmas..?

Your thoughts would be very welcome.

Olly.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Yes I use the DVD/CD Rom allthe while I usually renew it every 2/3 years at is does not change much. The Route maker is very good putting in every site you have earmarked for the holiday and gives you approx mileage from site to site etc., I always do this as a rough guide eand decide how long we want to stay per site and what we can get in the alloted time we have. We do not book ahead because we often change our minds part way or stay a longer or shorter time at each site. I do tend to email ahead if I do not know the site to make sure they can accomodate an 8 metre van OK and that the accsess is OK for it.

If you go to Prumtal Camping at Oberweiss near Bitburg ask them to show you the pitches overlooking the river on the opposite side of the Football Field to the Office as it is lovely down there. Wish we were going again. Have a lovely holiday.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello Olivier. We have stopped in Bavaria near to Bertchesgaden at an ACSI site at Bishofswiesen, Camping Winkle-Landthal, 4 star very nice. Plenty of places to visit, The Eagles Nest, Ramsau Village where there is a picture postcard church amount the Mountains, Salzburg only a few miles away and the lovely tiny, picture postcard Silent Night Chapel, in Austria where the Carol Silent Night was written at Oberndorf bei Salzburg. Plenty of snow at Christmas time would be a sure thing I think. Wish we were going too.

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
Hello Olivier. We have stopped in Bavaria near to Bertchesgaden at an ACSI site at Bishofswiesen, Camping Winkle-Landthal, 4 star very nice. Plenty of places to visit, The Eagles Nest, Ramsau Village where there is a picture postcard church amount the Mountains, Salzburg only a few miles away and the lovely tiny, picture postcard Silent Night Chapel, in Austria where the Carol Silent Night was written at Oberndorf bei Salzburg. Plenty of snow at Christmas time would be a sure thing I think. Wish we were going too.
Hello Dianne.

Thank you for your suggestions I have added them to the planning-list.

Olly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts