Triple Bunk models please...

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
We are now starting to look around and investigate which is the best caravan for us have 3 children, aged 3 and under. We ideally want the triple bunk model, can anyone tell me which makes and models have the triple bunk layout in a bedroom to the rear.

Thanks

Twindaddy

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
If you are planning on keeping the van for a number of years you may be better looking at a twin bunk side dinette from a head space point of view as the children get older. Either twin axle side fixed giving you the additional child friendly/supervision friendly advantages of an end washroom, or end fixed bunks. We find the former ideal with our three 12, 10 and 7 especially as we don't use sites with facilities.

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for those replies, sorry, should of said we are ideally looking at used as don't want as much expense on our first van as a family, I have looked at the new ones which are similar to what I have seen in a Bailey at a main dealer.
Martin - I do really like the idea of the Triple bunks as with them being all under 3, I want to put them in the 'bedroom' at the end to minimise noise and disturbances when they are sleeping from about 7pm onwards and I beleive side bunks will only have a curtain divider,

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
look at the adria range the adora is great and there bunks are large unlike some vans the bunks are skinny and the kids soon grow out off them.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes the side bunks will only have curtains. You will still be looking at fairly new UK vans to get the triple bunk layout. After the initial rush of triple bunks some manufacturers (Coachman being one) did a double bunk with side dinette at the rear that closes off as a rear bedroom for the children which meant there was more space in the fixed bunks but does mean one bunk still needs making up each night. This layout is normally on a single axle with side bathroom but may be an alternative layout for you to look at.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. I have posted a reply in the newbie section before I read this. As your children are so little , are you sure that you want bunks; you are going to have to make them seriously escape proof for safety. A 5 berth double dinette model will still allow you to close off the end bit when they go to bed and you sleep 3 of them along the made up double when they are small and then put 2 in the double and one in the bunk when they get bigger. You will also have more seating in the day time.
mel

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi the Adria Altea 542DT has triple bunks but they have a curtain.
I would advise you to have a look at one, its a really good van at a really good price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts