triple bunk nightmares!

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone help, were going round in circles, were after a triple bunk with dinnete at rear, but also like 7'6" width, and shower cubical to wash little ones, does anyone know of a caravan with this set-up?? were having to make a comprimise between the swift charima 565 v lunar quasar 546, lunar being narrow at 7'1" but doesn't have the bathroom door in the way of my husband doing the washing up and me unable to get past, or the swift which is wider and solves this problem but we forfit the shower cubical, which i'm not sure how i will get on washing 2 and 3 year olds. please can someone help, was hoping to do a deal tomorrow as been offered great price on our pagaent 5S provence! thanks for your idea's!!

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi I am having the same problems as you! Either the washroom is far too small or the front seats are really short or the van is narrow and you cant pass each other. I have looked at the Adria as well and it would be a "step down" in kit from my van but the demo did not have anything falling off like the one you looked at! I just wish other makers did the same layout so there was some choice, the layout of the Altea 542DT is perfect for us! I need a MTPLM of no more than 1500kg!

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
we have the swift 565 and the layout works fine. We have a 9 and 3 1/2 yr old.

For the 3 1/2 yr old we fit a plug in the shower tray and fill it up so he effectively has a bath.

The cubicle it self does not get wet all over due to the folding screen although i did re-seal all the lower joints.( the sealant swift uses does not adhere very well to the plastic).

Before this van we had a Sterling Europa with end wash and separate shower cubicle... it was better for the kids but a pain making beds up all the time which is why i like the fixed bunk option.

We also lift up the bttm bunk and use it for storage and the charisma takes a bit of balancing to get to may cars nose weight limit. We can leave the rear dinette as is for the kids play area, but in August we are taking 2 extra kids away so we will be back to converting it to a bed for a few nights.

Its also a very nice tow with shocks fitted as standard.

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
meant to add that the door is quite wide as well , the front bends we leave as singles ,im 6' and am a perfect fit on the offside bed.

We mount the LCD tv on the wardrobe ( suitably reinforced) with a removable aluminium bracket to keep work tops and tables free.

We are very pleased with the van.

No making up beds every night,the kids get their own space, we can chuck em in bed and close the door for our own space.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts