Jul 13, 2006
Visit site
I'm quite happy to be accused of being grumpy but is it just me or is anyone else getting a bit fed up with continual posts about trivia or whatever. One a day would be fine, getting on for double figures is just annoying.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Get in the 'grumpy corner' Michael. I just hope your affliction isn't contagious :O(

A simple remedy though is not to look in Chit Chat and your affliction should clear up within a few days :O)

Jul 13, 2006
Visit site
Derek

You're probably right. Interestingly though, somebody probably a moderator has taken it upon himself to alter the heading and some of the content of the original post of the post, which did refer to a contributor by name. If that's against the rules, then fine, but don't alter text and then put it out in my name.

Jul 13, 2006
Visit site
In said corner my lord. It's just that you log in, see 10 new topics that might generate some interesting debate only to find out they are all pub quiz type questions.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
From a purely selfish point of view it's got to be better than some of the arguments and sniping that have been seen in this section in the past.

You can start topics of your own about things that you are more interested in, play along with the trivia or decide not to, it's not compulsory :0)

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Chit Chat - For non-caravan issues: jokes, trivia, gossip.

----------------------------------------------------------

Better to keep the old grey matter working than degenerating, or turning into arguments,

Look on Google find some & post them your self, then you can have the answer sheet......

Am running out of Questions ....

Till i look for some more....

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
From a purely selfish point of view it's got to be better than some of the arguments and sniping that have been seen in this section in the past.

You can start topics of your own about things that you are more interested in, play along with the trivia or decide not to, it's not compulsory :0)
Hear hear !! Well said.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Michael....

Derek

You're probably right. Interestingly though, somebody probably a moderator has taken it upon himself to alter the heading and some of the content of the original post of the post, which did refer to a contributor by name. If that's against the rules, then fine, but don't alter text and then put it out in my name.

I think what you might find with the old steam engine is that there might be a few Michaels registerd on the forum.

May be Parksy could help ???

How many members with the same name....

Or !

Whynot go to your login details and change your name....

Then people won't get mixed up......

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Michael

You are making a huge assumption.

No moderator as far as I'm aware has 'altered any of your text' and put it out' in your name.

If a moderator had altered your text for any reason you would have been told about it either by the moderator adding an edit note onto your post, in a separate post by the moderator concerned or by email.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
im lost here, whats all this alter stuff about ?

is michael derek? sorry, but hard to follow.
Sprocket has added a quote from Michael's post which was addressed to Derek initially

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
MacHighlander wrote "..is Michael Derek.." sorry but was that a real question or another trivia question? I'm getting really confused, plus my head is getting very sore now. Please, please please Sprocket take the rest of the day off! :)

( plus I've only managed one right and that was MacHighlander's trick football question so I doubt think it counts)

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
MacHighlander wrote "..is Michael Derek.." sorry but was that a real question or another trivia question? I'm getting really confused, plus my head is getting very sore now. Please, please please Sprocket take the rest of the day off! :)

( plus I've only managed one right and that was MacHighlander's trick football question so I doubt think it counts)
should be don't think not doubt......see..... told you I was getting confused.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Michael I've just found out that your post was in fact edited by a moderator so please accept my sincere apologies for my earlier comments.

Due to a mix up I managed to overlook an email that contained the information, if I'd have looked at it properly I'd have sent an email to you with details of why your original text was altered slightly.

I'm sorry for the mix up, I got it wrong.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts