Truckstop in Kent

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
We visited friends in Kent yesterday, and stayed the night at a truckstop which may help people on the way to/from Dover.
It's called Nell's Café, and it's off the most easterly of the three Gravesend junctions of the A2 (so not far off the M25/Dartford crossing). Follow the lorry parking signs, until you see the café itself. Trucks park just across the road, but "white vans" and motorhomes can park in the café's own car park - I'd advise to the left of the outbuilding, as there's less road noise there from the A2.
No evening meals unless you're early (closes 7pm weekdays, 5pm weekends) but the breakfasts are to die for!
The Highways Agency doesn't produce its own list of Truckstops nowdays, but there are several websites which list them if you Bing/Google "UK Truckstops." The ones that charge, charge A LOT, so avoid those, but plenty are free to park.

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The Highways Agency hasn't published a printed truckstop list for some years, Tony, but it did publish an on-line guide. Links to that guide and to the stops listed which have their own web sites are on the Motorhome Parking web site Here.

Note that some entries in the guide have web site addresses which are invalid.

Graham

spardoe

Administrator
May 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tony,
Thanks for sharing this information with us. Do you mind if I mention it in the mag as well? I think it'll be useful for readers heading to Dover.

Thanks, Stacie

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Go ahead Stacie - as far as I'm concerned, anything I put on here is "public domain," and to be passed in any way people find helpful.
As Graham says, there used to be a little booklet put out by the Highways Agency listing lots of these places, but now they only publish it online. Still a useful resource for motorhomers though, but we probably need to sitck to those where parking is free.
The ones which charge at all are priced for HGV parking, so they tend to be more expensive than a basic campsite, rather defeating the object for us!

TRENDING THREADS