Truma 6E temp issue

May 13, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I’m looking for some help of anyone can possibly assist. I have a 2017 Bailey Verona fitted with a Truma 6E combi. The other week the heating was set at 20 and was a working fine, cutting in and out as it should to maintain the temp. It there after cut out at the required temp, but never clicked on when the temp dropped again. I had to turn it up to 22 to get it back on, and the 24 and so on until I eventually reached 28 before it would turn on.
I reset the panel, turned power off etc to try abs reset it that weekend. I then bought a new temp sensor and fitted that during the week hoping it would work, but still seems to be the same.
Any ideas what is causing this ?
Thanks

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I’m looking for some help of anyone can possibly assist. I have a 2017 Bailey Verona fitted with a Truma 6E combi. The other week the heating was set at 20 and was a working fine, cutting in and out as it should to maintain the temp. It there after cut out at the required temp, but never clicked on when the temp dropped again. I had to turn it up to 22 to get it back on, and the 24 and so on until I eventually reached 28 before it would turn on.
I reset the panel, turned power off etc to try abs reset it that weekend. I then bought a new temp sensor and fitted that during the week hoping it would work, but still seems to be the same.
Any ideas what is causing this ?
Thanks
I have the same problem,I don't know how reduce the temperature control switch (thermostat) differential temperature.
When the desired temperature is reached,it switches off OK,then temperature drops,van gets cold before heating is switched on again.
Differential temperature = the temperature difference between switch off temperature (on a rising temp) and switch on (on a falling) temperature of a thermostat.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve got a Bailey Rimini and the heating thermostat is at almost ceiling level, heat rises so the temp at ceiling height is much higher than waist high when your sitting down, unless your sitting on the top of a step ladder.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
There’s also the problem of the water being on boost setting, that cuts out the room heater working until the water reaches the set temperature, the blower heater won’t blow because all the heat is directed to keep the water at temperature, once the water gets to full temp the water heater stops and blower comes back on, boost is useful when showering, if not showering set water at hot not boost.

BP

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having changed the sensor and the problem remains suggests the heaters control system may be in question. Sadly there is little an end user can do other than seek help from a Truma service agent. of caravan repair service.

May 13, 2022
Visit site
Having changed the sensor and the problem remains suggests the heaters control system may be in question. Sadly there is little an end user can do other than seek help from a Truma service agent. of caravan repair service.

Yeah, I think you are correct. I’m going to contact Truma, as most service engineers, unless they have done the Truma course will just start replacing parts starting with the PCP.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I hadn’t noticed that you had replaced the heat sensor and no difference, did you fit the sensor in the same location as the previous sensor? If so then it making no difference is no surprise at all, is the sensor close to the roof? I’d guess at a glance that our sensor is within 6 inches of the roof, where does the heat go? Near the roof or down to the floor, consequence it’s warm at the top so heater switches off, you sit at a much lower level where it’s cold.

May 13, 2022
Visit site
I hadn’t noticed that you had replaced the heat sensor and no difference, did you fit the sensor in the same location as the previous sensor? If so then it making no difference is no surprise at all, is the sensor close to the roof? I’d guess at a glance that our sensor is within 6 inches of the roof, where does the heat go? Near the roof or down to the floor, consequence it’s warm at the top so heater switches off, you sit at a much lower level where it’s cold.

Yes, same place.
The heater has worked fine for the year I have had the van, maintaining the temp ok so I don’t think it’s the position adjusting the offset can sort any difference in the heat at the position. It kind of makes sense to have the sensor in the coolest part of the living area as that way the whole van is warm by the time it detects the temp, and should alsobring it in quicker as well as that area will see a drop in the temperature first.

TRENDING THREADS