Truma control panel not working and no heating!

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
We have just bought a 2018 caravan and the Truma control panel has stopped working. The only symbols showing are the timer and the spanner bottom right. All other symbols have disappeared and there’s no error code.
We have no blow air heating and are away with two young children with 4 degrees overnight.
My husband has tried the fuse and connections but nothing is working. Has anyone else had this please?
Thank you.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you have the Truma Owners Manual. If not go to the Truma website and there are on line manuals to read or download. It could be that a reset is required. That is explained in the OM along with fault finding diagnosis tables. There’s also videos on YouTube. As an emergency fall back you could buy a fan heater if you are near to an Argos or large supermarket.

If you can’t get it to work I would take it to the dealership if you bought via a dealer.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Have you tried a reset? If not try it first then check that you are getting 12v at the heater, if you are then I would either suspect the data cable or the PCB

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Go into the spanner menu, the reset facility is in there. It takes about a minute. It might be worth disconnecting your leisure battery for a minute. That might do the trick a bit like control/alt/delete on a computer

Reactions: Jcloughie
Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
Go into the spanner menu, the reset facility is in there. It takes about a minute. It might be worth disconnecting your leisure battery for a minute. That might do the trick a bit like control/alt/delete on a computer
Thank you. We have done the reset and turned off the 240 & 12v, but will try disconnecting the battery, haven’t tried that yet!

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
Thank you. We ha
Have you tried a reset? If not try it first then check that you are getting 12v at the heater, if you are then I would either suspect the data cable or the PCB
thank you. We have tried a reset but it returns to the same Screen with most symbols missing.
sorry but I am wifey who doesn’t know a thing. Do you mean use a multimeter and how do you check you’re getting 12v at the heater please?

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
Thank you. Yes have tried reset many times. We have tried a
Do you have the Truma Owners Manual. If not go to the Truma website and there are on line manuals to read or download. It could be that a reset is required. That is explained in the OM along with fault finding diagnosis tables. There’s also videos on YouTube. As an emergency fall back you could buy a fan heater if you are near to an Argos or large supermarket.

If you can’t get it to work I would take it to the dealership if you bought via a dealer.
thank you, we have the OM and read it multiple times, plus Google for hours on end! Haven’t found anything yet! Only got one more night so might just grin and bear the freezing cold!

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
Thank you. We have tried a reset multiple times to No avail. I thought I posted a qn how to check we’re getting power to the heater, but I can’t see my reply- sorry am brand new here. If you could let me know how to check that please, that would be great
Seems there may be no power to the heater, so the control panel can’t detect the heater?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thank you. We have tried a reset multiple times to No avail. I thought I posted a qn how to check we’re getting power to the heater, but I can’t see my reply- sorry am brand new here. If you could let me know how to check that please, that would be great
Seems there may be no power to the heater, so the control panel can’t detect the heater?
It is in Technical.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Sorry for the delay, you would need to check it with a multimeter meter, the cables are located under the slide off cover the same end as the red reset button, if you like to put a picture on here of the rear of the heater with the panel off I can point you to the correct place

Feb 13, 2023
Visit site
Sorry for the delay, you would need to check it with a multimeter meter, the cables are located under the slide off cover the same end as the red reset button, if you like to put a picture on here of the rear of the heater with the panel off I can point you to the correct place
Thank you that’s really useful. My husband re checked the fuses today in the daylight and found one which hadn’t obviously blown, but had. I’m pleased to say the heating is working! It has also made the cooler ignition work! I have passed your information on in case there’s a next time. I hope not, we could see our breath this morning!

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Thank you that’s really useful. My husband re checked the fuses today in the daylight and found one which hadn’t obviously blown, but had. I’m pleased to say the heating is working! It has also made the cooler ignition work! I have passed your information on in case there’s a next time. I hope not, we could see our breath this morning!
👍

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts