Truma heater not working on electric

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Problem is this.. van on seasonal pitch.it is a 2010 swift freestyle. we arrived fri evening.. i switched the heating on 2000 to warm van through.. my daughter switched the kettle on for a cuppa.. after about 30secs the electric tripped in main box outside also tripped the heater trip in caravan.. i reset all trips electric back on but heater not get hot.. only cold air circulating.the green light is on when i switch to 2000 or 1000 or 500 turned temp dial to 9 but still no heat being generated. Its all worked fine previous to tripping but now no heat.. not sure if the weather is too warm for temp sensor to switch elements on or have i missed something when resetting trips.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
From your scenario, I think the most likely explanation is indeed that the thermostat thinks the 'van is hot enough already. This is especially true if you do not have a remote thermostat and the one (which is inside the control knob assembly) is in the sun. Even if you have a remote sensor, these are often positioned in stupid positions like the side of the fridge enclosure (which gets hot!).

I suggest you wait till it gets cooler and try again. There is a remote chance that the overheat trip in the heater has activated, so leave the MCB for the heater off for now. If it has tripped, power must be removed and allowed to cool; it should then self-reset.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its not clear from your posting which trips operated, was the MCB or the RCD.

If the site MCB tripped it suggest too many appliances were turned on together, just be more selective about which items you use at the same time, but if the RCD tripped, the that points to a fault on an appliance or the hook up cable.

If you do not understand or are not confident with working with mains electrical systems, then for your own safety and that of others, call in a qualified fitter.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Sandancer ,
if you look on a previous thread titled help with truma or something like that not long ago it's roughly about the same kind of things that you are on about, hot water not coming through etc

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Yes the site elec tripped and also the heater trip inside van tripped.. i reset the trips but now heater not getting warm..although green light on the power setting as i said.. everything says ok but not getting warm i'm wandering if general temp is too warm to bring heating elements on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts