Truma Heater

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Have just come back from a weekend and having trouble with above heater, it heats up but when it gets so far/hot it goes off and wont click back on, I have to turn it off and leave it a while where it comes on again !! However the last time it wouldnt come back on at all, ran it on gas and it was great, stayed on all the time,blown air the lot,,, anyone knows whats happened to the electrical side of things (have checked fuse!!)

Thanks !!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It would appear that you are mixing up heating and hot water when they are 2 distinct and seperate units.

The HW side of things can be run off gas alone, elect (if fitted) alone and gas and elect together.

It seems that when you are using elect alone that it is tripping out for some reason, and to restore it can be a hit and miss condition. I at first start up us both gas and elect. which is the way to heat up the water quickly, once I have acheived this I switch the gas off and the Electric usually manages to work OK. I have also found that the Electric has no temperature control except a cut out when at a high temperature. To restore the trip I have found that I have to completely disconnect the Elect supply and reconnect after 5/10 mins.

Hope you sort your problem out.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The heating system if fitted with gas and electric I have found that to get the electric to work you must switch the thermostat to run and then switch it off. always works for me although all of the heat comes from the heater

My previous post was for water heating and sorry for thinking you were mixing up heating and HW.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts