truma heater

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have a Bailey pegasus1v Verona my problem is when heating is on electrical and then switched off there is a electric burning smell coming out off the duct under the front chest of drawers any ideas what is causing this thank you

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
poppye said:
I have a Bailey pegasus1v Verona my problem is when heating is on electrical and then switched off there is a electric burning smell coming out off the duct under the front chest of drawers any ideas what is causing this thank you

Are you saying that there is NO smell when the heating is actually operating on electric .....but that there IS an electrical burning smell when you turn off the heating? Is the fan still running when you get the smell?
Certainly very strange symptoms.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
So the burning smell is coming from an air duct remote from the heater itself?
When did you last use the warm air system?
Is there something squashing the duct?
Do you get this smell out of the other ducts?
Have you stored something on the air duct that is causing your problem?

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
poppye said:
there is a electric burning smell coming out off the duct under the front chest of drawers
Do you get the same smell from the other duct outlets? There is nothing electrical at any of the duct outlets. The nearest electrics are at the back of the fire so with the blower fan off, you should be able to smell the burning at the fire itself. Do you have drawers above the fire which you could temporarily remove to get your nose in?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
poppye said:

Don't bother to wait for any more answers on teh forum, get the installation checked before you use it again. By al means tell us afterwards what is found, but at the first smell of burning in a caravan you should be getting every one out and seeking proper help.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree, if you have a burning smell and do not know what causes it, then the only safe thing to do is to get it checked by someone who is qualified.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts