Truma Mover - "short to earth" - water ingress

Aug 23, 2005
Visit site
I have a Truma Mover (05) single axcle unit. About once every 9 months the two motors fill with water and earthlike dust, particuarly if it's been raining hard. This causes the unit to fail and flash the warning LED's three times (Short to earth).

I've checked the seals and can't seem to find the entry point for the water and dust.

Taking the motor covers off and cleaning sorts it out, but long term, this isn't acceptable.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Nigel.

Try spraying the lead connections with WD40 or you can get some stuff in a spray can from Halfords which puts a plastic type coating over the leads which makes them waterfroof.Touch wood I've not had a problem with our Truma mover good luck.Jim

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
I have contacted Truma, and asked if a better water seal is available, but they say no.

Would it be safe to put a strong plastic bag round the motor, held on with duck tape, or a cable tie?

I think water has got in under the rubber boot, and down through the brushes. I am trying to get some new brushes, as the springs on the old ones have corroded.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts