Truma Mover - Warranty?

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
I have a Truma Carver Motor Mover 2 fitted to my 13ft caravan. It was fitted when we bought the van in 2001. It has had very little use. Problem is, it will now not work. The box under the seat clicks but nothing happens when you press the buttons to get the van to move.

I wondered, does anyone know what sort of warranty these come with. There is no mention in the paperwork.

I would appreciate your comments and advise regarding this problem.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Linda, Carver had all sorts of problems. I fitted a mover to my van a few years back and had the same problems. Took the control box back to the dealer but could not get a replacement as Truma / Carver 'were not releasing any until they had got them right'. I demanded my money back. Obviously they were not of 'merchantable quality'. Irrespective of warranty period I would contact either the CAB or Trading Standards.

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Linda, Carver had all sorts of problems. I fitted a mover to my van a few years back and had the same problems. Took the control box back to the dealer but could not get a replacement as Truma / Carver 'were not releasing any until they had got them right'. I demanded my money back. Obviously they were not of 'merchantable quality'. Irrespective of warranty period I would contact either the CAB or Trading Standards.
Thank you for responding Paul.

I havent spoken with the dealer yet and was gathering facts before I go through to see him. I would like to be able to argue a case that they should repair the problem under warranty - hence my question.

Any ideas why the motors are not working?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Linda,

See my posting re this very subject from a couple of days back.

As you can see I got a very positive and successful outcome to my problem. My contact at Truma is a chap called Chris Aston. Why not give him a buzz to see if he can help......

Vic

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for responding Paul.

I havent spoken with the dealer yet and was gathering facts before I go through to see him. I would like to be able to argue a case that they should repair the problem under warranty - hence my question.

Any ideas why the motors are not working?
No idea. We found that the units relays ould click in the middle of the night so that I ould have to disconnect the feed to the unit.

Obviously, something malfunctions in the electronics. Would seem a simple thing to design so I do not know why they have had so much trouble.

You could try visiting a few dealers and having a quiet word with the workshop staff, could be on the line of 'I've been offered a secondhand Carver Mover - are they OK' to get some feedback from people who dal with them all the time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Linda you could also visit a couple of dealers and talk to their workshop staff, even saying that someone has offered you a s/h one - are they OK so as to find out the faults from them.

In our case, as well as not functioning the relays would chatter in the night. Does not seem a very complex thing to design so no idea why they had so much trouble.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Linda, change the batteries in the remote. You can tell if it is them by the red light on the handset not staying on. If the lox clicks when you switch on then the cahnces of it being anything else is slight.

We had this happen in storage and our access is impossible- really honed up our reversing and manouvering skills.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Linda,

It would appear from elsewhere onthe board that the warranty on a truma is two years. Having said that, the other posts report how good truma were at problem solving, even on some occasions outside the warranty period. Try giving them a call. After all, a new motor mover is about

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi Linda,

It would appear from elsewhere onthe board that the warranty on a truma is two years. Having said that, the other posts report how good truma were at problem solving, even on some occasions outside the warranty period. Try giving them a call. After all, a new motor mover is about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts