truma regulators

May 15, 2007
Visit site
On a weekend away my wife was getting lunch ready when up goes the cry THE GAS HAS GONE, funny i thought !! its a new bottle. On checking the dial and shaking the bottle all seems well, then it hit me , its that regulater again !!!. I have a 2005 Lunar Lexon 640l and this will be the third regulator in 2 years, well it would be if i was going to replace it. I called Truma and they said sorry not our problem its the gas, well if its the gas why does the £6 regulator i bought 10 years ogo still work ?.

I went to the local service ctr in derby and he sugested running the pipe from the bottle to the BBQ point using the screw on regulator, well it works great with no problem.

So Truma you can stick your fancy regulator as i am not prepared to keep paying £40 or so every year to keep you in business

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Graham,

Try contacting your supplying dealer or Lunar direct, one or other may give you the service you require. When you had the previous ones replaced di you have the height of the regulator changed. The advice nowis that the regulator should be above the top of the cylinder, which in my case is as close to the top of the gas locker with enough room to attach the pipe, because it is hoped that the material that blocks the regulator will run down into the cylinder and not the regulator.

We used our BBQ point but it is not condoned by any manufacturer or dealer that I have spoken to although no genuine reason was given.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Graham, the regulator problem has only become a "problem" since about 2004 when the UK adopted yet another EU ruling relating o the position and pressure of regulators in caravans, and the siting of the reg on the bulkhead instead of on the cylinder.

The old style regulator has a side inlet for the gas, and the pipe tends to run down to the cylinder, and when turned off, no pressurised gas is present in the pipe, as such.

The bulkhead mounted regs have a top entry for the gas and the pipe runs vertically to it, and is constantly at bottle pressure.

Over night time, the gas in the pipe gets cold and reverts to liquid which attacks the lining of the pipe and leeches out the plasticisers, which , when gas is drawn in the morning, allows the residue to be sucked into the regulator.

Truma spent over

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts