Truma Saphir RC

Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
To anybody with a Truma Saphir RC floor mounted AC unit. We have this unit fitted but I am unhappy in that the sleep mode does not make any difference to the noise level than the slow speed on the remote. Does your sleep mode make a difference in noise level. I know it does not effect the compressor noise. Not sure if this is normal or a fault on my unit or possibly my remote control.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I wrote a report on the Saphir sometime ago and cautioned everyone on the noise that the compressor makes outside the caravan when it cuts in. I have subsequently, very recently, had a new one fitted by the Truma Service Centre outside Derby. It appears that the original one and its replacement were very badly installed by dealers who did not realise the implications of the positioning and venting of the units. In the words of the Truma engineer "the units never stood a chance"!

We have not yet put the new one to test properly except to say that, by running it for a few minutes on our drive, the outside noise has been considerably reduced. We are away for a few days this week - NEC and an old friend's 80th in the Peak District - so will try the 'night' mode and see if it makes a difference.

Reactions: Mel and Hutch
Jul 29, 2019
Visit site
I wrote a report on the Saphir sometime ago and cautioned everyone on the noise that the compressor makes outside the caravan when it cuts in. I have subsequently, very recently, had a new one fitted by the Truma Service Centre outside Derby. It appears that the original one and its replacement were very badly installed by dealers who did not realise the implications of the positioning and venting of the units. In the words of the Truma engineer "the units never stood a chance"!

We have not yet put the new one to test properly except to say that, by running it for a few minutes on our drive, the outside noise has been considerably reduced. We are away for a few days this week - NEC and an old friend's 80th in the Peak District - so will try the 'night' mode and see if it makes a difference.
Hi Bob, thank you very much for your reply. I would very much appreciate an update. Have a great week.
Regards Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Bob, thank you very much for your reply. I would very much appreciate an update. Have a great week.
Regards Tim
Hi Tim, Sorry but I can't really help. This was not the best weekend to be trying out the 'night mode' as it was either pouring with rain or blowing a howling gale (we were in the Peak District)! Certainly the external noise has reduced and the 'fan only' noise - which we run at night for air circulation - was equally quieter. I did run the a/c for a few minutes and I can't say that I noticed a huge reduction in noise in the 'night mode' but, because of the external weather noises, it was difficult to assess. Regards, Bob

Reactions: Mel and otherclive

TRENDING THREADS