Truma ultra heater problems

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Good evening, I'm Sitting in my lovely warm caravan at the mo.
BUT I have a problem with my heater, it's 13 years old and I think it's starting to be faulty!, firstly after towing to Bolton Abbey campsite, I found the front of the heater had come loose, so tried to put it back on which was fiddly. As doing this the lighter cable came apart in my hand, seemed to be held by a very fine piece of cable which has been celataped in numerous places. So I don't have gas heating until I can fix it. I eventually got the front back on to then find the blowers are now not working! I think it could be the switch on the right.
Any advice would be great! Thanks. Least the electric heater part hasn't given up! Touch wood!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mr Bell,
Firstly you only tell us the heater is an "Ultraheat" They usually have a model number, which would tell us more about exactly which heater you have.
The front cases are designed to be removable, so the fact it has come off is not necesarily a sign its faulty. They sometimes need the case clips to be tweeked to make then hold a little firmer
That is important as the tyes of ignition system are different, some use a piezo device mounted in the front case, others use a battery operated module fitted to the heaters floor plate. I suspect from your description you have a piezo device that you have to push to strike the spark. So the wire you describe as coming apart has probably dropped of the Piezo unit when the case fell off.
If this is whats happened you need to remove the front case, reconnect the wire to the pin on the bottom of the piezo unit in the front case, then carefully reafix the front case to the heater.
That should be all thats necesary. Dont worry you are unlikely to have broken anything and it will not have caused any danger. When its all back together it should start normally.
You tell us its 13 years old, but you dont tell when it was last serviced. If it still doesn't work when you have reattched the cable, maybe its time to get it properly checked by a compent gas techie..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts