Truma Ultraheat Ignition

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi all

I visited the caravan in storage this morning, all seems well except that the Truma Ultraheat (probably a 2002 model as that's the age of the van) won't light on gas.

I'm doing all the normal things like holding down the over-ride for ages, but there's no clicking of the igniter trying to work, and no smell of gas (which I'd expect if the only problem was the igniter not working). There's plenty of gas in the tank, all other gas appliances were working OK and I checked that the stopcock to the heater was on. I also checked the 12v fuses in case the one feeding the igniter was blown but all seemed ok.

Unfortunately I can't check if it works on mains as there's no mains at the storage site.

I know if any gas work is needed I'm going to have to get a competent gas engineer to do it, I'm just wondering if there's anything simple I haven't thought of, that I could try before spending any money.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Ultraheat does not have an ignition, it is the electric heater and only uses electric.

The S3002 however is the gas heater and does use an igniter, which as has been said is powered by an AA battery located behind the front cover at the base of the fire.

I assume that when you say you have been holding down the override button as you call it, you have moved it from the off (0) position to one of the numbers on the dial (1, 2 or 3)????

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gozza said:
I'm doing all the normal things like holding down the over-ride for ages, but there's no clicking of the igniter trying to work, and no smell of gas (which I'd expect if the only problem was the igniter not working).

With a room sealed heater like the Truma there is no reason you should smell any gas inside the caravan. If you do smell gas the heater needs to be checked for safety.

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Amazing...can't believe I've had this van for ten years and never known about that battery! And thanks Prof, yes I should have thought of that if I'd given it a moment's thought. Silly me!

Thanks to everyone who's responded...my heater now works!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts