Truma ultraheat replacing the front cover

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I have taken the front cover off my fire to replace the ignition box but I cannot get the front cover back on, no matter how I try it just wont stay on at all.

Does anyone have any ideas how to put the cover back on.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
On mine I made sure the bottom of the cover was in the clips at the bottom, then pushed to to onto the springs at the top. I bent these up until you needed a good push to get the cover on.
Which was OK whilst the van stood still but would come off as soon as I moved the van.To cure this I put two screws through the vents at the top of the fire, screwing then into the timber behind the fire,

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
The thin aluminium box which contains the gas fire with the electric unit behind it has two projections, one on each side, right down close to the floor. The bottom of the fire front sits on them. Higher up there are two bent wire spring clips. They go into oblong holes machined into the fire front. If the spring clips are in the correct position, they should hold the front in place, and to remove it, it requires a tug. Unfortunately the springs get bent and don't hold the front securely. Owners often put a small screw through the top to hold it in place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts