Truma Ultrastore 240v boiler - new element

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello all - first post here although I've been lurking for years!

I've got a Truma water heater in a 2011 Elddis and while it worked perfectly on 240v 2 weeks ago, now it just trips out the EHU post. Every time!

I'm pretty sure it's the element (works on gas and nothing else in the van trips out - even when it's all on together). The boiler is fitted fairly close to a corner. Anyone know how long a new 850w element is? I might be able to get it in without removing the boiler.

If I do need to remove the boiler, I can see 2 screws holding it down, a gas pipe in, cold water in, hot water out. Anything else? Will it just move when the 2 mounting screws are out? How does it seal back with the cowling when I refit?

Thanks in advance!

Si

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I had to replace my Truma element when I was staying in Spain last winter. Mine also looked as though it wouldn't come out without removing the boiler. I got the element off ebay and they delivered it. Just a matter of undoing the electrical connections, then two small hexagon nuts. The element took a little bit of wriggling about but it easily came out. Notice where it needs wriggling to and use the same method to put in the new one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts