Truma Ultrastore Water Heater

Baz

Feb 1, 2020
Visit site
When i first bleed the air out of the hot water tap and switch on the power i get a hot water. After using the hot water for showering etc it starts to run cold suggesting the the thermostat is not working to allow power to return to reheat the water. If i then turn the power off and leave for 5 mins and then turn on again the water will heat up.This happens repeatably. Any suggestions to remedy this problem.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The water is cold as it enters the caravan from the Aquaroll where it is stored and heated in a boiler.
As you use the hot water for showering etc; it is replaced in the boiler with cold water from the Aquaroll.
After five minutes the water in the boiler will have been heated by the boiler element so you will have hot water again.
A caravan boiler has nowhere near the same capacity as your domestic boiler at home

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Ultrastore water heater is not an instantaneous water heater, it is Parksy says a storage water heater. The water stored in the heater will take between 20 and 30 main to heat from cold to a full tank of hot. As there is only a limited quantity of hot water, when you shower you will normally mix it with cold water at the tap to get the right temperature, and by doing so the hot water will go a little further and you might get two frugal showers out of it.
As you use the hot, the heaters tank starts to fill from the bottom with cold, so you can get most of the hot out and use it.

I suggest you refer to the instructions for more information.

Baz

Feb 1, 2020
Visit site
The water is cold as it enters the caravan from the Aquaroll where it is stored and heated in a boiler.
As you use the hot water for showering etc; it is replaced in the boiler with cold water from the Aquaroll.
After five minutes the water in the boiler will have been heated by the boiler element so you will have hot water again.
A caravan boiler has nowhere near the same capacity as your domestic boiler at home
I understand where you are coming from but the problem is that it does not reheat. It will only reheat if i turn off wait for 5 mins and switch on again.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How old is the heater?
From your description it sounds as if the overheat cutout is operating, which may be symptomatic of a failing thermostat.
As the thermostat is incorporated with the element as a complete unit it would need to be replaced.

Last edited:

Baz

Feb 1, 2020
Visit site
How old is the heater?
From your description it sounds as if the overheat cutout is operating, which may be symptomatic of a failing thermostat.
As the thermostat is incorporated with the element as a complete unit it would need to be replaced.
I believe you maybe right as i understand that to be the case. The unit is coming up to 10 years old so like me is getting worn out. Thanks for your reply.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts