Truma water filter

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
On last years caravan service it states - requires a new truma filter cartridge, there is only a single filler connection outdide the van, and this alongside the pump, is this the filter housing?

Attachments

• 20240215_152001.jpg
    20240215_152001.jpg
    797.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240215_151945.jpg
    20240215_151945.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 8
Jan 29, 2024
Visit site
Hi , the filter housing is outside the van . Whenever you lift the white flap door you'll see a blue cap . Unscrew this and it it will come out with a black cylindrical charcoal filter. A replacement can be purchased on eBay.

Attachments

• 20240215_181555.jpg
    20240215_181555.jpg
    668.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Richtee180
Jan 29, 2024
Visit site
Most vans have what I photographed. The photos you put up are not filters . Don't panic though. Someone else here will come along and help . Probably they're just having their tea at the moment. In the meantime, look up truma filters online and you'll see .
There's a lot to know about caravans ..

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The white object in the OP's pictures is the surge damper.

If you don't have the blue capped compartment in Richard Avensis's picture you need to find somewhere else to get your caravan serviced as they're giving you BS.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I ditched our water filter years ago, no need for it, never had tummy problems, we drink the water from the caravan system, but we do use a full Aqua roll each day, but both myself and Mrs H shower in the van, I sterilise the van system maybe twice a year depending on how long we haven't used the van.

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
I ditched our water filter years ago, no need for it, never had tummy problems, we drink the water from the caravan system, but we do use a full Aqua roll each day, but both myself and Mrs H shower in the van, I sterilise the van system maybe twice a year depending on how long we haven't used the van

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As per Roger that is the surge damper. As per Richard Avensis we had the same water connection on our Lunar and had it exchanged for the newer Truma connection which does not have the "built in" filter. We did not have a filter fitted for the caravan in all the time we had it.

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies, I think the service engineer meant the connector which draws up the water from the aquaroll, it looked a bit dirty and old.
Incidentally is there an issue with them floating in the aquaroll, I've seen a few videos of people making straight pipes to put in the aquaroll to stand the hose part upright.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies, I think the service engineer meant the connector which draws up the water from the aquaroll, it looked a bit dirty and old.
Incidentally is there an issue with them floating in the aquaroll, I've seen a few videos of people making straight pipes to put in the aquaroll to stand the hose part upright.
I think the service engineer is recommending that you upgrade to a newer connection? We have never had an issue with the pipe floating around in the aquaroll.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With some submersible pumps, if the water level in the outside tank drops too low, air can get into the pump's impeller and stops the pumping action. Air in the impeller can sometimes be enough to make the pump float.

To ensure this doesn't happen, when you are about to connect a fresh barrel of water, make sure the pump is not running. and disconnect the pump's hose from the caravan. Drop the pump into the water and make sure it goes straight to the bottom. that ensures the water fills the pump and eliminates any airlock, then reconnect the pump hose to the caravan, and the pump is ready to be used.

Never leave a pump running dry. The heat the motor produces can soften and distort the plastic casing and allow water past the motors seals in to the motor housing. The motors life will be seriously compromised. The pump needs the water passing through the water channel of pump to cool the motor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts