truma water heater fault

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Can anyone help because Truma can't?

My Truma water heater (8 months old) no longer works on gas. I phoned Truma technical help and spoke to a technician who advised me to change the 1.6 amp fuse on the circuit board. I did but it still doesn't work. There is no light on the rotary switch and there appears to be no 12volt power reaching the heater.(checked all wires with 12v tester) I have checked all the fuses in the wardrobe and they are all intact. My dealer cannot book me in for a repair before April 2005 and Truma admit they don't know what is causing the problem. All I did was drain the water from the heater for the journey home. Can anyone help?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are competant in the use of a multimeter you will have to trace the source of the 12v supply to the heater,Is the van battery connected and the Car/van switch in the right position? do you have 12v dc at the distribution unit? is there a nylon multipin plug and socket which has pulled apart?.

You should not really have to do this if your van is only 8 months old Take it back to the dealer,and point out it is there responsibility to fix it under the sale of goods act Don`t let them fob you off they are busy. You are the Customer it is up to them to make time. Who is the dealer? GS.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
May sound silly but is the caravan battery fully charged and the rocker switch for the battery set to van. The water heater wont work on gas if the battery is low.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i have a water heater of this make and it lives upto its name when using gas. when the electric element failed, i lit the gas side, it stayed lit for a few seconds then a flame rather like a satutrn 5 engine shot out the flue. however after the electric side was fixed the dealer advised me to use the gas option more often to keep it working. my advice is to find a truama dealer asap, as gas and diy is a bad mix, moreover as the unit is gas it is covered by corgi regs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Garry, 8 months old, and you have a problem. I fully endose G. Stocktons reply, Point out to the dealer that they are legally responsible to support you. If they still wont support you, contact Trading Standards, and your finance house (if you purchased through a Finance house they also have a vested interest as technically you are purchasing from them and not the dealer). Truma and any other manufacture have no obligation to help end users, unless the end user purchased directly from them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a similar fault once - following service! I traced the wire from wall switch/control knob into the water heater. the contact clip had worked loose - almost off. Once pressed back in position the power to the control switch was restored and heater opperation on gas is now perfect.

Hope this helps/worth a try.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can see why Truma wouldn't have an answer for you because as you state there is no 12v supply getting to the heater therefore the problem is not with the applience.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gary G sorry about the dealer.But if I were you I wuold ring them with 48 hours notice return the van and then wait whilst it is repaired April 2005 is totaly unreasonable My dealers near Nottingham are very poor but they are better than that. GS

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good to see the responses here - my Bailey Pageant truma H2O heater (new mar 2004) also refuses to operate on gas. The instructions are vague and I have had a note from the dealer to look for a light in the switch. I can see no reference to a light in the switch in the manual. The van is in storage at present but I'll take all of your answers with me along with the dealers suggestion for a determined attempt to get it going at Christmas. Can't take it back to the dealer very easily as I have shipped the van to new Zealand where I speak to you from now. So I am on my own as it is probably one of less than 5 Bailey's in the South Island of NZ!

PS. Couldn't get the 'fridge to work on gas either 'till I discovered I had set the knob to minimum flow rather than the max flow - voila! - Always regarded myself as reasonably capable too! Mind you I think the manual leaves a bit to be desired as far as explanations go.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts