Truma water pump not working - replaced pump still not working

Aug 15, 2022
Visit site
Hi, we have an Aqual Roll barrel with the Truma pump that sits at the bottom of the barrel (In Coachman Amara 576). In between trips the pump has stopped working:
  1. There is no buzzing sound from the pump
  2. We've replaced the pump unit pipe with a new one
  3. I've cleaned the copper connector nodes
  4. The red light is on on the pump switch on the dashboard
  5. The 'pump' fuse has been changed and wasn't broken
  6. We've tried both taps
I'm now at a loss for anything else to try, and we are on holiday in Pembrokeshire and of course at this time of year there is no availabilty for engineers. I am going to buy an electrical tester to test if there is power to the outside, but I suspect this must be an electrical issue. My wife did put a suitcase ontop of all the pipes at the beginning of the trip so could have bashed something in the water heater area.

Any advice or things to try would be so appreciated. 🙏

H Risley

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Worth just checking the internal wiring to the back of the pump housing to ensure the spade connectors are secure and also that the pressure switch doesn’t need resetting (whale website has a great instruction page)

Feb 13, 2022
Visit site
Have you tried wiggling it in situ with a tap turned on? Mine takes a bit of wiggling sometimes to get going (ooh er). I'll have to try and fix it at some point as it will only get worse.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
  1. We've replaced the pump unit pipe with a new one
Can you be more specific. The pipe and cabling for power are usually part of the whole component.
Good idea to get a multi meter, circuit tester. Can you temporarily borrow someone else’s pump on site and try?

Aug 6, 2022
Visit site
we had a similar problem with our truma water pump and was advised to get a whale pump, which we did, it's been okay since. Is the light supposed to be red, that usually signifies it's off , but I have a bailey and mine is green when it's working.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Maybe too simple - but have you checked the filters in the spouts of the taps - i presume that that you have a pressure system (not microswitch) which only operates the pump as water is run and the pressure drops to activate the inlet and pump., so blocked ends will prevent the system operating.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked the pressure valve has not been knocked or come off the setting as this could produce this problem. This is operated by a small knurled nut just inside the caravan where the water comes in. Turning this with the pump on and a tap open changes the pressure and if it was wrong a bit of trial and error should sort it.
If nothing suggested works then it is probably the pump, although when ours failed it blew the fuse. Possibly borrow one you know is working, if possible, and try that.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi, we have an Aqual Roll barrel with the Truma pump that sits at the bottom of the barrel (In Coachman Amara 576). In between trips the pump has stopped working:
  6. We've tried both taps
I'm now at a loss for anything else to try, and we are on holiday in Pembrokeshire and of course at this time of year there is no availabilty for engineers. I am going to buy an electrical tester to test if there is power to the outside, but I suspect this must be an electrical issue. My wife did put a suitcase ontop of all the pipes at the beginning of the trip so could have bashed something in the water heater area.

H Risley
Hi Risley are you on a site ask them if they know someone who can check it for you , We had a fault with our last van the warden solved it good luck

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Risley, here is an interesting post from a few years ago, might be if interest to you and some others.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Holriz, It turns out that there is a slow burn 6.5 amp fuse somewhere in the pressure switch surge damper unit, maybe it is on the right hand side, behind a small round plastic screw.

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
  6. We've tried both taps

H Risley
4.Depends where the light is connected,If connected at the wrong location the fact that the light is lit could mean nothing at all.
Any fuses in the circuit ruptured ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts