Try Again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
I got no replies to my question re an 'extendabed', so, does anyone have any ideas/recommendations on extending the width of a standard single bed!!!!!!!!!!! Going to Italy for 6 weeks this year and using the double bed last year sometimes got a bit warm!!

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
You could also try putting the seat backs (both of them) alongside the single bed - have done that in the past when my leg was in plaster and I needed the extra room.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The simple method is to buy a sheet of plywood and mount 2/3 legs on one side. Store it by sliding it IN under the single bed mattress and pull it OUT to a suitable width for the back cushion to add on as a mattress. I remember this option in an old Sprite Muskateer - happy days with gas mantles for lighting.

Apr 16, 2007
Visit site
The simple method is to buy a sheet of plywood and mount 2/3 legs on one side. Store it by sliding it IN under the single bed mattress and pull it OUT to a suitable width for the back cushion to add on as a mattress. I remember this option in an old Sprite Muskateer - happy days with gas mantles for lighting.
Mike

I remember the gas mantles too! With my DIY skills, my wife would not let me near the 'van with any tools!!

Lawrence

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts