trying to decide which is the better towcar

Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
hello, at present we own a 'crown princess' and tow with a 'renault scenic fidji diesel' next year we aim to change the caravan for a 2 berth end bathroom, like a baily 460/2, i have read all the info on tow cars on this site and it gets a little confusing, as we are thinking of changing the car we have this year. we do not want a 4x4 as too expensive to run without a caravan on the back, the vehicles i have in mind are, 'ford c max' pergeot 307, or a picasso, my reasons for these three as like the wife said we still have to use it daily and with diesel prices going up and up that is the main consideration, if any one can help feel free to e mail myself on happy flier@tiscali.co.uk as you can see we are new to caravanning. thank you. dave

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave, I can give you some info. on the Ford cmax 2.0ltr Tdci as I have been towing with one for the last 6 months or so. The kerbweight of the car, having weighed in at the local weighbridge is @ 1540kgs. Therefore 85% of this is @ 1300kgs. The max. towing weight for this model is 1500kgs with a noseweight of 75kgs. The car itself is as you probably know, classed as a compact mpv. but is roomy with a high seating position. The rear seats fold down or slide diagonally to make more rear passenger legroom if required. The 2.0 ltr diesel engine is excellent and provides good pulling power for my 'van and I can average @ 30 - 34 mpg with the 'van on tow, and @ 40 - 50 solo. I,ll be honest when I say there have been problems with the electrics on my car (trip computer giving me false info.) but even with these niggles I feel very confident when towing with the vehicle and the drive is a typically superb focus experience when driving solo.

Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
well having looked at the following cars 'nissan tino, c max, picasso, pergeot, and having a good study of them all i have purchased the one i really fancied in the first place the 'c max' as soon as i stepped in the car i knew it was the one, and the power i felt comfortable with, once again many thanks for the help

dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts