TUMBLE DRIER

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Would anyone know if you are able to run a small tumble drier (Argos item no 480/2077 or similar) from an electric hook up on site?

I ask this as couldn't get wet clothes dry this week on our outing, van looked like a chinese laundry, (not good for damp)!!

Replies appreciated!

Lolly x

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Lolly,

However are you going to transport a tumble dryer with you? - surely not in the caravan, you'll be vastly overweight with the rest of your stuff. Not only that dryers usually use at least 2kw of power, you would have to switch everything off in your 'van to use it.

Didn't the site you were on have any laundry facilites?

Wendy

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Wendy

We would transport in car, use at night when all in bed and yes, they had a laundry but it was used 24/7 by the people who worked on the site, which we were a bit annoyed about!

Lolly x

Feb 18, 2006
Visit site
hi, i have noticed some sites state that if your going to use a fan heater or an awning warmer you must inform them berfore use ,not sure they would be too happy about you using a tumble dryer,you should have complained whilst you was on site.my wife has used a hairdryer once in the van and it tripped the electrics on the main hook up .

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
My missus is my drier, theres more hot air comes out of her than an industrial heater . FAO the missus, I was only joking if you read this my little honeybunch you :O) sighhhhhhhh

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lolly,

Please do not take a tumble drier on holiday !!!!

We use mostly Club Sites and might have to wait while someone else uses it,but then we are on holiday and have time to wait:)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lolly, dont forget, putting a tumble drie in the car will affect the weight of the car, and as well, may take you over the train weight for the whole outfit.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Lolly, why not try the local laundry mart in an emergency. As above, I would be concerned at the extra weight put on either the car or the c'van.

Why didn't you have a word with the site owner. We had that problem on one occasion and the site owner actually dried our clothes for us in her personal machine.

Workmen should know their place. They are there to work not use the facilities that vanners, tenters, etc., actually pay for. Did the site owner know what was going on?

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ann

As it was our first outing, we weren't sure whether to say anything or not, the people using the laundry facilities were the wardens of the site - I can only presume they had permission - I will now know in future to say something, only I don't like to cause a fuss!

Lolly x

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
If you are using it at night, what about the caravanners next to you? I think the noise even during the day will draw numerous complaints. Get a small van heater, put the washing on a clothes horse and swirtch on the fan heater to blow on the clothing. Just make sure your main heater is not also on. Works almost as well as a tumble drier but DO NOT leave unattended.

Mar 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lolly

Sorry your had a bad experience on your first outing. I can assure you it will get better. Good luck next time.
Lolly, do you have ducted air heating ? I bought a kit off ebay for the van and we leave the toilet vent open at night, close all the others, and leave the heater on 'tickover' - by the morning all are dry and warm towels for showers !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts