Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Help/advice please? have got a Gobur Carousel on order & am shopping for it-what sort of TV aerial do other caravanners recommend? Is an a frame one a good idea?

Thanks Carol (soon to be a caravanner)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Carol

Welcome to caravanning,

Getting good and reliable TV and Radio signals is very much dependent on where you are. and you can spend an awfull lot of money and time in trying to get good reception.

I have bought nearly every gadget in my time as a caravanner trying to get good signals only to find that the next place I visit I cannot get good reception.

Caravan makers mainly fit omni-directional ariels and these work (sometimes) ok in strong signal areas. you can buy a uni-directional ariels which work(sometimes) in weaker signal areas. and you can buy set top ariels which if you get someone to hold and move when the picture ghosts etc (usually me)may get you some entertainment.

I have in my possession all three types and still cannot always get reliable reception. If I was you I would just have the one fitted by the maker and take with you iether a VCR or DVD player and rely on them for my entertainment and if you do not want to do that listen to the radio and read a good book

Happy holidays

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've recently changed my Status Omni-directional tv/radio aerial for the a status 530 directional aerial. This cost about

Mar 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi Carol,

I've tried a few aerials (status on the van and other portables) and wasn't impressed with any of them.

The best picture i've had is with an amplified aerial I bought from Tesco for

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Your best bet is to go down the route of having a satellite receiver. I got fed up with poor signal etc and now have a Sky box in my van. It takes a few minutes to set up and even less time to lock onto the correct satellite once you have got the hang of it. The beauty is that you do not have to tune your TV every time you change site, you always have a crystal clear picture, you can use the Sky card from home to get the basic family channels without a problem and you have a happy family.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts