TV aerials (more help)

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I've been reading with interest the debate on differant types of aerial. After a break of ten years we are back to caravaning and the new to us van has a Status aerial. So far we have found it to be fine, but on the two occasions we have been out in the van, we have been in good reception areas. So we are considering a directional type of aerial and my question is (finally) what is the way of getting the lead into the van - reluctant to start drilling holes into the van.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I have two ways that myth help you.

Fist one open one of the windows in the fount of caravan get a small aerial excretion

Put on end in tv lay the excretion frow the window that is open. Close window on to night vent put the other end of excretion in to socit on your new aerial.

T w

-----Excretion------ w ----Excretion-----//////////////New aerial.

V

Second one myth not help

Get so aerial cable and the end to fit tv and other end of new aerial.

Go to batty box drill hole in side boxes next to the top of the box. Put aerial cable frown the hole then put the end on that fits the tv . Put in tv. The other end fix the end to go to new aerial. Put cable where you put your orange cable.

T BATTYBOX------------------------Aerial.

----------- GAP

V

I hope this helps you Mark

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
I have two ways that myth help you.

Fist one open one of the windows in the fount of caravan get a small aerial excretion

Put on end in tv lay the excretion frow the window that is open. Close window on to night vent put the other end of excretion in to socit on your new aerial.

T w

-----Excretion------ w ----Excretion-----//////////////New aerial.

V

Second one myth not help

Get so aerial cable and the end to fit tv and other end of new aerial.

Go to batty box drill hole in side boxes next to the top of the box. Put aerial cable frown the hole then put the end on that fits the tv . Put in tv. The other end fix the end to go to new aerial. Put cable where you put your orange cable.

T BATTYBOX------------------------Aerial.

----------- GAP

V

I hope this helps you Mark
Thanks Mark

Your first suggestion is probably the best and easiest, so will probably use that one and see how it goes

Many thanks

May 12, 2005
Visit site
If you don`t want to mount an external aerial socket, then you can mount your aeril in the jockey wheel (turned upside down)with a couple of wedges and run the cable through the windows there`s enough give in the seal to allow you to close them with vout cutting or damaging the cable. good luck

Tony a.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts