TV ariel advice

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't want a status ariel. I thought about buying a wideband 48 element ariel from Maplins (which should pick up weak signals and combat 'ghosting' it receives digital and annalouge signals. Could anyone tell me if this ariel will be suitable for caravan use and an lcd tv. I have a freeview box too but I appreciate not all areas receive freeview.

Also, can you buy retractable, or poles that 'bend' for transportation and storage which can be fixed to either the front or rear of the caravan?, if so from where and approximate cost.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

lh

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The ariel I have seen on the Maplins website seems like it should be ok but it's the logistics I need clarification on and if anyone could advise me that would be great.

Some people say status ariels are good, some say they are not.

Hopefully someone will be able to answer our queries.

Lisa.

May 29, 2005
Visit site
hi folks.

I was shocked at the price of caravan aerials and went to a local aerial shop who fixed me up with a hi gain areal which the high gain fins fold for transport(approx 20 pounds. cheaper normal aerials available) and a clip together 3 pieece aluminum pole(10 pounds)(pole bracket obtained at accessorie shop for 3 pounds)had no problem with this set up its just as good a s my mates proper caravan aerial he paid 90 pounds for, but never used digital tv .

regards ant

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lisa, there was a reason for my "funnyness", apologies if I offended you, read the posting 'what a shame 2' in general to understand my thinking.

Anyhow, what about that date!
Captain

You haven't offended me in the slightest, I actually thought it was very funny!

I looked for that posting to which you refer but couldn't find it. I think I get your drift though.

Regarding the date, I'm ever so sorry but with my ankles and only having one eye, it's a struggle for me to get out these days. Thanks for the offer though. Musn't grumble, there's folk worse off than me.

Lisa aka Elsie Braithwaite aged 87

Aug 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Just been browsing on here for first time, and fairly new to it all.

I have an Omnimax, which I had fitted after the status proved not much cop at all. This new one is extremely good and I always get a great reception. It is a about

TRENDING THREADS