Tv ariel

Jun 2, 2024
Visit site
Is this the tv ariel ? Cannot get a picture on tv using coaxial lead from tv to ariel socket keeps saying "make sure your ariel is connected " been using old plug in antenna and putting it on roof. Any tips !
20240706_115713.jpg

Sep 26, 2023
Visit site
That's the amplifier for the aerial, far left is the feed from the aerial, the other 3 cables will go to sockets in the van. Could try plugging directly into that spare output and see if you get a feed, or buy a new amplifier and swap it out, in my case the aerial itself was knackered.

Reactions: Glynnbob
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The aerial has a built in amplifier and the power supply is normally inside the caravan. It is normally the built in amplifier in the aerial head that goes faulty according to posts I have read about the issue.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The aerial has a built in amplifier and the power supply is normally inside the caravan. It is normally the built in amplifier in the aerial head that goes faulty according to posts I have read about the issue.
I suppose it depends on the aerial, my Status plus 550 aerial is not powered only the wall amplifier.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I suppose it depends on the aerial, my Status plus 550 aerial is not powered only the wall amplifier.
I thought that the status aerial had a built in masthead amplifier? I am not familiar with the Svenson set up, but it is probably a power supply and splitter? To the best of my memory domestic set back amp/power supplies were not very reliable and most technicians avoided installing them.

Not sure about caravans systems however if you take the output feed from the aerial and use a back to back connector and coaxial lead to plug the lead into the TV, it is unlikely you will get a signal due to the masthead amplifier.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about caravans systems however if you take the output feed from the aerial and use a back to back connector and coaxial lead to plug the lead into the TV, it is unlikely you will get a signal due to the masthead amplifier.
That is exactly how Status tells you to test the Aerial, in their operating instructions.

Jun 2, 2024
Visit site
It's going back in to dealers next week for some work doing. I will ask them to have a look. If it's no good I will see how much it is for a new ariel to be fitted. Anybody got a rough price ?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
No idea about tv aerials.
However, that is a very suspicious water mark type of stain on the ceiling over the cupboard door in the left of the picture.
Mel

Reactions: Hutch and Glynnbob
Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
It would help if the OP had said which make and model of caravan and aerial (even a picture of the aerial) would help.

The Svenson amp is IME most often supplied with a 'flying saucer' fixed omni-directional antenna. I am also curious why there are two co-ax cables going into the antenna shaft - only one is required.

In terms of amps. with Status aerials if the antenna has orange or red writing on it then the amp is inside the aerial and the inside box is purely a power supply to it. These antennae are old and now (thankfully) getting fewer and fewer. On the other hand if the writing is purple or blue the amp is in the box inside the caravan and the bit on the roof is just any aerial, nothing more.
Generally the omni Status 300 series will have an aerial with the amp inside it, whereas the 500 series is moveable and has the amp inside the van.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
It would help if the OP had said which make and model of caravan and aerial (even a picture of the aerial) would help.

The Svenson amp is IME most often supplied with a 'flying saucer' fixed omni-directional antenna. I am also curious why there are two co-ax cables going into the antenna shaft - only one is required.

In terms of amps. with Status aerials if the antenna has orange or red writing on it then the amp is inside the aerial and the inside box is purely a power supply to it. These antennae are old and now (thankfully) getting fewer and fewer. On the other hand if the writing is purple or blue the amp is in the box inside the caravan and the bit on the roof is just any aerial, nothing more.
Generally the omni Status 300 series will have an aerial with the amp inside it, whereas the 500 series is moveable and has the amp inside the van.
There is of course the possibility that originally both units were Status, but the perhaps the Svenson replaced a faulty power supply, but never cured the fault?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Actually I am wondering if it is a Elddis caravan with the whip aerial as they had the Svenson power supply and amp? If I remember correctly, they were totally useless and many upgraded the aerial system. Maybe time to upgrade to a Status aerial system depending on age of caravan?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Could be a 2014 Crusader as think the twig or whip aerials were fitted to the 2014 and 2015 range including Buccaneers.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Correct it's a whip ariel . The van is a 2015 eldiss rambler.
Totally useless aerial. Bite the bullet and get a proper status aerial installed. The aerial is so bad that dealers were replacing them at their own expense due to the high volume of complaints. There were a huge number of complaints on the Buccaneer groups about the aerial. If I remember correctly it was an Avtex twig aerial?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts