TV for SWIFT Charisma 550

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I apoligise if this has already been asked.

I have recently bought a 2010 Swift Charisma 550, which has a drop down thingy for a TV. The TV I have has quite a large 'foot' which is too big for the aperture of the compartment where TV is supposed to retract into. Does anyone know of which TV would fit this arrangement. It does not necessarily have to have 12V compatibility since we never use the 'van without hook-up.

Thanks, Trevor

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Trevor,

This question has also been asked on the Swift Forum, and I am confirming the information, offered by Colin Crisp, on that Forum. On the basis of this information, I will purchase the Hitachi 19" TV c/w DVD & Freeview. Colin indicated a price of

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Goerge, You're a wee wheeker, as we say here in Northern Ireland !!

I'll hot foot it down to Agros in the morning and let you know of the outcome.

Thanks, Trevor

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Trevor,

Regarding the Hitachi 19" TV c/w Integrated DVD player. David Klyne (also of this Forum) on the Swift Forum has actually been out this morning and purchased one. He has also fitted it to his Charisma 550 and posted 2 photographs on that site, showing it installed, one in the swivel position. Well worth having a look on that site for your own peace of mind.

I also ordered one on line, and will collect it tomorrow from my local store. This does look like the answer to all Swift owners, who are looking for a good quality Integrated TV, with a larger 19" screen, at a relatively low cost.

Best regards,

George

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Huge thanks to David Klyne for taking the time to post the pics and saving me hours of research!

I'm off down to Argos to collect my reservation to install in our 550 which is being collected on Thursday - can't wait!

Rgds

Ian

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I went to Argos to-day and got an Hitachi 19" tv.

It wasn't as easy to fit as I thought, althoug I did get it fitted in the end.

BUT

If you try to use it with a SKY box,using a scart connector, the scart fouls the upright part of the housing mechanism. To overcome this I will have to use the rf-out connector on my SKY box; this results in a less than optimal picture quality.

Can someone please point me to the forum and/or the pictures mentioned in the above posts. I am able to get on a swift forum on http://www.swift-talk.co.uk/forum . Is this the right one; if so what's the topic ?

Chers,

Trevor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Trevor - just a thought.

I think the picture shows an av in on the side - could you get a scart to av cable (red/white/yellow) and plug in that way from the sky box?

Rgds

Ian

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Trevor,

If you get on the Swift Talk site, click on Forum on the top, then scroll down to Swift Talk & Community, then scroll down to TV Compatability for Charisma 550, started by Terry Fairclough and you will then find all the replies, including David Klynes pictures. It appears that Argos have sold 4 of these TVs today, to David, Millerman, andm one each to both of us.

Coincidentally immediately below is a post on the TV bracket, that Graham Swarbrick has had a problem with, worth looking at as so forwarned may be useful in the future.

Good viewing and best regards,

George

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your helpful replies. Here is a post I just left on the Swift-Talk forum: -

Hi Everyone,

I bought an Hitachi from Argos yesterday and fitted it.

BUT

I use my Sky box when caravanning which I connect using a SCART cable. The SCART socket on the Hitachi is right in front of one of the upright housing members. It's so close that the SCART won't fit.

I could use the 'RF-out' on my Sky box and connect into the antenna socket on the TV but this gives a less than optimal picture.

Sooo,

I took the Hitachi back to Argos and got my money back; then went to ASDA and bought a 19" Luxor c/w DVD. It cost less than the Hitachi (

Feb 15, 2009
Visit site
HI! Trevor i also use the Hitachi TV great thing .i have same van as you but late 2009 i would warn you about the catch that holds the dropdown slide for the TV to attach to (not the safety catch but the pushin plastic one in the centre of the dropdown piece )i have had 2 replaced in 4 months they are rubbishly soft plastic break very easily if you let the weight sit on the catch they will break very very easily )otherwise a very good van also check your catches on the HIKI roof light (one broken already replaced last week ) thats all the faults i have had in 3 outings

cheers Duggie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts