tv in awnings

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Just to balance things out a little.....

Many people have t.v.'s in their caravans including us. I would suggest that a t.v. in an awning would disturb others so it would be too noisy but many caravanners use their caravans throughout the year or for short breaks so why shouldn't they watch t.v. inside their caravans if they want to?

The most important thing to bear in mind is consideration for others, t.v. in an awning would be inconsiderate and cause disturbance but shouldn't be a problem inside a caravan at normal volume levels and not late at night.

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
we sometimes have the tv in the awning but the way the volume is checked is i stand half way beween pitches if i can hear it there it is too loud.

A lot of site wardens have TV in their awnings so it gives out a message that its ok

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We always had our Tv in the awning. After all why not. If you do not want to watch TV that is your perogative. Not all of us have the money to go around all day spending it to keep ourselcves occupied. I suppose it is also a sin to sit in the awning with your laptop and to log onto the Internet as thsi will annoy some nosy parker?

Mar 4, 2008
Visit site
We have on occations watched TV in the awning and my Daughter and son in law have a Pennine folding camper.Should watching TV be banned in that?

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
There can be no reason to object to watching TV in an awning as long as the volume is kept reasonable. After all caravans are hardly the best insulators of sound either. While I don't like excessively noisy neighbors, I have never agreed with the people who seem to demand never to hear a noise from others. I suffered from such a selfish neighbor, where I used to live in Oxfordshire. She lived in the flat below, and objected if I so much as turned the TV on (even if so softly I could not easily hear it while in the same room).

Between those whining about dogs, children and now TVs on caravan sites, you have ask are these people suited to caravaning? Surely they would be better going camping alone up some remote Scottish mountain - oh sorry the noise of the sheep bleating, the sheep poo and the lambs would annoy them there as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bah humbug - ban TVs, computers, dogs and children from all caravan sites - lets have some relaxing peace and quiet. Now being serious we do have a TV in the caravan but it is generally used first thing in the morning for the breakfast programme and then in the evening for relaxation - very rare is it on during the day. It is turned down so as not to disturb the neighbours. What does surprise me on site is watching people set up satelite dishes, solar panels, etc. I do think this is a bit OTT.

Regarding computers - I do not have a laptop and would have no call for one whilst away. Dogs - we have a dog and we have in the past taken a dog with us in the van. Children - we have two children who came away with us when they were young and now we have two grandchildren who come with us. We have never experienced (so far) trouble with either children/grandchildren or the dog as they have been raised to respect other people and not to cause annoyance.

Therefore in conclusion LIVE AND LET LIVE - to each and everyone - enjoy the freedom of a caravan holiday but repsect the other holiday makers on the site.

KnL

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Quote - "Why on earth would anyone want to take a television on holiday at all ?"

Main reason for me is access to localised and accurate weather charts so that I can more safely plan 'mountain days vs. shopping days'.

Back to the OP, I have never noticed anyone watching TV in their awning, but I would have no problem with it if it's use is responsible ie. at a reasonable volume and at a reasonable hour of the day.

Oh and if it's a sunny Grand Prix day, one could always be forgiven for sitting out with a few beers - even on holiday !!

G

i have no problem with anyone having a tv in their awning, as long as its not too obvious she's a guy.
happy0060.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts