TV Licence

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi, it suddenly dawned on me whilst away this weekend wheather or not you need a TV licence when caravaning or if your home one covers your caravan TV. Can anyone shed any light on the subject, thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I got a shock when I noticed the TV Licence advert mentioning that students now have to pay for their own licence. How unfair is that? They get in enough debt now, with all those books and all night binge sessions to take care of. Another great money grabbing scheme from the gov't that won't admit we're in recession!

It'll be trailer MOT's and tax discs next.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Separate licences for students - it's been that way for a long time - certainly when I was a student in the 70's you needed a licence.

One of the reasons buying a pre-owned, quality caravan from Holland or Germany is a good idea is the annual caravan MOT - which goes towards proving road worthiness and appliance safety.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes, Wendy, one per household BUT it doesn't cover the caravan while touring if someone else at home uses the TV or if you leave e VCR or PVR recording.

Since the TV detector vans target addresses without a licence, there's virtually no chance of being caught.

TRENDING THREADS