TV Reception at Park Coppice CC Site

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
⇨Sorry but I've posted this in two places. Not sure if it should be under technical or UK sites???

Has anyone been to Park Coppice CC site in Coniton, Lake District, since the changeover to digital TV? Can anyone tell me how good TV reception is now, is was poor on analogue and was wondering if it is now non existant on digital.

I have a decent aerial, and a satellite dish avaiable to me so any info from anyone who has tried to get digital TV would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sonic,

There is no Digital signal and the analogue is none exsistant. If you get a pitch on the west side you might just get a satt signal if the trees are not blocking the signal. I was up there just over 2 weeks ago so unfortunatly this is still pretty current. I was lucky that I found a window for the satt signal on the pitch next to me and it was vacant so I was very fortunate.

While you are up there can I suggest you go to the Church House Inn in Torver, about 1.5 mile away, Fantastic welcome and food.

There Moules Marienair is just as good as the French version and a good size for a starter.

Von Ryan

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Von Ryan, thanks for the info - just what I was after. Can you tell me where on site you were? I know they name the sections of the site after the lakes in the area and if you got a signal I want to know exactly where from! :)

Was your dish tripod, jockey wheel, or roof mounted - and what size is it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sonic,

Pitch number was 62 and I managed to pick up a signal on pitch 63 which was vacant. I use a tripod and standard sky mini dish and it was pointing to 148o SSE according to my digital satt compass. I am sorry but I can't remember the area pitch name.

A word of advice, you will need heavy duty groud pegs as every where is full of hard ground and I even bent some of those!

Von Ryan

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sonic,

Just returned from a miserable few days at Park Coppice,

sorry constant rain did not help my views of this site.

Anyway that's not what you wanted to hear, buried under the trees and alongside a steep bank the saving grace - perfect digital reception - my signal strength showed only a low signal but perfect reception, no pixelation, biggest problem was lack of volume to overcome the rain hammering - oh sorry I'm off again.

Wanderer

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Sonic,

Just returned from a miserable few days at Park Coppice,

sorry constant rain did not help my views of this site.

Anyway that's not what you wanted to hear, buried under the trees and alongside a steep bank the saving grace - perfect digital reception - my signal strength showed only a low signal but perfect reception, no pixelation, biggest problem was lack of volume to overcome the rain hammering - oh sorry I'm off again.

Wanderer
I was at park Coppice around the start of August and it is hit and miss whether you get a signal or not. I couldn't even get a radio signal!

The rain wasn't the most miserable thing there Wanderer, the staff were!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts