twin axle caravans and pitch fee's

Nov 7, 2007
Visit site
has anybody heard of places charging you double if you have a twin axle caravan?? sombody just told me but i never heard it before?

sue

x

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Always had TAs and always paid the same, have had difficulty at some sites because pitches too small though.

Some new SAs are a fair bit bigger than some older TAs.

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Although I haven't come across it over here, there was an article in one in the recent practical caravan magazines about an issue I think in France where they were quoted over the phone for the pitch (and they stated it was twin axle) but when they got there they were charged double. The problem we have on the site I stay is that the TA's are getting bigger and can overhang the allocated pitches dangerously. The sites of course are responsible for the allocation of pitches and should check the make/model of the van before it is placed.

May 31, 2007
Visit site
When the CCC first took over the Forest Holidays sites (beginning of the year) they tried to charge me for two pitches for my TA. When I asked why this was, they said the pitches were really small, when I then told them that I'd been there most of last year and the pitches had been big enough then they mumbled some nonsense about it being a 'long standing policy', when I asked the monkey on the phone (central reservations) how that could be he said he'd only worked there 3 weeks (and he'd obviously no idea where the site even was, let alone what the pitches were like). Suffice to say it was the biggest load of c**p I'd heard in a long time, and no, I've never been charged double for a TA, don't imagine they'd get many bookings if they tried.

Oct 19, 2007
Visit site
I remember reading the same magazine. A family had booked up, given the make and model of the caravan only to arrive and be charged more because it was TA. They took the same course of action I would have done in the situation and left the very next day. 2 fingers up I say

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
I think if you take up the space of more than one standard pitch you should expect to pay more,when you get a 26 foot van and an awning on the side of it.you should be prepared to pay more,dont you think?

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
I know when we had a tent twas a big un but when we booked a pitch we would ask them the pitch size as tent was 9.5m x 9.5m and some would say that would cost you two pitches but others would give you a corner plot as they are normally bigger.

So I don't see why it shouldnt be the same for vans.

Apr 17, 2007
Visit site
I know when we had a tent twas a big un but when we booked a pitch we would ask them the pitch size as tent was 9.5m x 9.5m and some would say that would cost you two pitches but others would give you a corner plot as they are normally bigger.

So I don't see why it shouldnt be the same for vans.
Most pitches have hard standings now. As Malcolm says, as long as the van fits into the allocated pitch there is no need to pay any extra.

May 31, 2007
Visit site
I think if you take up the space of more than one standard pitch you should expect to pay more,when you get a 26 foot van and an awning on the side of it.you should be prepared to pay more,dont you think?
Why? pitch fees include more than just a charge for 'space', we don't use any more facilities, or more electricity, so why should we pay more, though I've never been to a site where the pitch has been too small, if this idea was to be accepted, it would just become a way of extorting more money out of us, every pitch would suddenly be 'too small'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts