TWIN AXLE MOVERS

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
I had a Powrtouch twin axle mover fitted new, to my new Lunar Lexon EW 18 months ago and it has been a constant source of problems and failures. Powrtouch have been out 7 times in this period to try to rectify failures & problems. I have had 4 replacement elctronics boxes, an new motor, a FREE upgrade to a 4 wheel drive system and finally a complete system re-wire! And still it does not work!! Cant fault Powrtouch's service and guarantee and I am about to put them to the ultimate test - take the 'thing' off my van and give me my money back!! On the positive side, does anyone know of a mover that is more reliable for moving a twin axle?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We had a Powrtouch on our single axle and when we swapped to the twin we asked again for a Powrtouch but the dealer recommended Truma as he said they had had problems with powrtouch on twin axles. That was nearly three years ago and to date on one problem which was a dealer problem regarding a loose wire.

Feb 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi Geoff

I have a Truma TE fitted to a coachman laser twin axle and have had no problems.The only thing is that it does not turn like a single axel, but stutters as it has to scrub the non driven axel.

Feb 8, 2006
Visit site
"does anyone know of a mover that is more reliable for moving a twin axle?"

The answer to that is, use the power of your car. I have never needed anything else. Its all a matter of confidence.

Feb 27, 2006
Visit site
Hi

I've got a Carver (now Truma I think) mover on my Sterling TA and have had nothing but trouble with it. It regularly trips out and cannot take even a slight drop in battery voltage.

I wouldn't recommend it and am also seeking to replace it so good responses would be useful.

K

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
Geoff.

We have a Powertouch model 4 (I think) fitted to our Bessacarr ta.

Only drives the front wheels, but is fine, even on a cobbled street and incline.

I can't understand why you are having all those problems with it.

Installer not up to the job?

Thats the only thing I can think of!

Steven.

Nov 5, 2005
Visit site
Geoff I have a REICH twin 4wd mover It has been on my Senator Louisiana for 2 years on problems its expensive but the first 4 wheel drive that was on the market I have not had a call out or a brakedown with it and it has dun alot of work

William

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
Geoff.

We have a Powertouch model 4 (I think) fitted to our Bessacarr ta.

Only drives the front wheels, but is fine, even on a cobbled street and incline.

I can't understand why you are having all those problems with it.

Installer not up to the job?

Thats the only thing I can think of!

Steven.
Dont get me wrong - the Powrtouch 4 wheel drive system that Powrtouch fitted free of charge (because I had so many reliability problems with the 2 wheel drive), worked very well, it is just not reliable. Has anyone had any experience with a Rhyno mover?

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
The best caravan mover I had on my van was called Peugot 406 HDI. Couldn't be bettered. Ken
Ken, I am one of those people who is not daunted by manoevering my van with the car but there are some situations when moving a 26 foot, 1600kg twin axle using the towing vehicle is not feasible and I need some assistance (ie:- the parking space for my van which is by the side of my house)and I dont have half the England forward row waiting to help!!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
"does anyone know of a mover that is more reliable for moving a twin axle?"

The answer to that is, use the power of your car. I have never needed anything else. Its all a matter of confidence.
Most movers are probably used at home or the storaeg site due to lack of room.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi

I've got a Carver (now Truma I think) mover on my Sterling TA and have had nothing but trouble with it. It regularly trips out and cannot take even a slight drop in battery voltage.

I wouldn't recommend it and am also seeking to replace it so good responses would be useful.

K
Are you using a 85 amp battery or a 110amp battery as we had the same problem until we upgraded the battery.

Jun 26, 2006
Visit site
RESULT. Powrtouch have just given me a full cash refund for the troublesome mover and will come and take the unit off my van. Cant fault their 'no quibble' guarantee or their service. 2nd to none! They will no doubt make the money back by selling the 2 old units as reconditioned. Just need to find a suitable alternative!

Feb 27, 2006
Visit site
Are you using a 85 amp battery or a 110amp battery as we had the same problem until we upgraded the battery.
Hi

It's 110amp - I leave it on the van usually for a few weeks but then we have trouble. If I charge it before we go then it works ok.

Have had other problems with this mover too which has resulted in 2 trips back for repair - loose wires and faulty brusehes the cause.

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts