Two Gas Cylinders?

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
I hardly use any gas at all when in the van but I have to carry two gas cylinders. I would be quite happy with one and use the space to carry something more useful. Van is Senator Arizona with a manual switch-over. Can I blank off one connection? If so with what?

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

If you have a low pressure system (regulator on bottle) then simply remove the low pressure T valve and connect the low pressure outlet directly to the caravan.

If you have a high pressure system, with bulkhead mounted regulator, then you have several possibilities:

1. Just use the rig as it is with the high pressure T valve set to the bottle. This has the possibility of a leak out of the loose pigtail - but these high pressure pigtails on a switch over system should have non-return valves in the pigtails - check if yours do...

2. I'd be happiest with the T valve removed, and the bottle pigtail screwed into the regulator. This is the best and safest solution...

If you have any doubts about doing any of this work yourself, seek professional help.

Robert

Oct 9, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

If you have a low pressure system (regulator on bottle) then simply remove the low pressure T valve and connect the low pressure outlet directly to the caravan.

If you have a high pressure system, with bulkhead mounted regulator, then you have several possibilities:

1. Just use the rig as it is with the high pressure T valve set to the bottle. This has the possibility of a leak out of the loose pigtail - but these high pressure pigtails on a switch over system should have non-return valves in the pigtails - check if yours do...

2. I'd be happiest with the T valve removed, and the bottle pigtail screwed into the regulator. This is the best and safest solution...

If you have any doubts about doing any of this work yourself, seek professional help.

Robert
Thanks. I'll have a look when I next go to the van.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts