two problems

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
Caravan battery box door has completely come off & been lost somewhere along the road, so I need to replace it, looks like I will need a complete new unit instead of just the door which is a pain......any advice

Also Motormover roller on the left hand side is worn, so needs replacing too, its a trama Carver model are these easy to replace or should I try re-gritting it??

Have a good few weeks before next using the van but would like to get these done asap.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I regritted a Reich rollers and they worked okay for the two seasons that I had the van, but if you plan on keeping the van I would go fir a set of machined rollers.
Re the battery box that was bad luck. Without knowing the damage it’s a bit hard to say if it could be repaired but from what you say I’d think a complete new box is required. If so you could try some caravan breakers.
However you can get new door and surround from EBay for £49 if that’s all that is damaged.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The battery boxes are a standard item but as the hinge is part of the base you need to replace the whole box. One advertised on e bay should fit but you need to be competent with the electrics to do this and make sure it is sealed correctly.
The magazine did feature an article on regritting rollers a little while back. You can read it on https://www.practicalcaravan.com/advice/49762-how-to-regrit-a-caravan-motor-movers-rollers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts