Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
hi. we are a 30ish year old family of four and have been to TY MAWR in TOWYN north wales for a couple of years. It has great family entertainment, a good childrens play area, an indoor pool with rides, and accepts tents aswell as tourers as our friends only have a tent. We live in staffordshire and would like to hear if there are similar places to go and any opinions.

p.s. we have a 1.8 vectra ls towing a mardon supreme 460/4.

anybody else own a mardon? what do you think of them?

Jan 10, 2006
Visit site
Hi Arakassi i have a mardon classique 4 berth 1989 i bought it in august last year i didnt want to spend too much on the van as i had never been touring before and didnt know if i would like it.I have to say the mardon is very solidly built mine has all the mod cons oven shower etc i cant fault it the interior is a bit 80,s decor but has worn extremely well. Towing is dead easy the van is well balanced and the layout is the same as some of the newer vans we looked at parts seem easy to get hold of we recentlost the van keys between cornwall and lincoln but our local caravan dealer thankfully sold me two for a quid each.

all in all great van old but good quality not many about though do you know who took over mardon or did they cease trading?

jon

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
hi jon.

our van has a shower and cassette loo. it has a rear table dinette that makes a bunk bed when needed. This summer will be the first outing with this van as we have only just upgraded so i look forward to seeing how we go with it. we owned a MUSTANG 2 berth before. An excellent first van, just the basics. we had it for three years and it only cost us

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Arakassi,

We had a Mustang Arabian GTS a few years ago, it was a great little 'van. After owning it for a couple of years and succumbing to the dreaded damp, we were sad to see it go!!

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Arakassi,

Ours also had all the original interior apart from new curtains. The upholstery was immaculate, and was the best nights' sleep we had in any caravan. We used the front as two singles, one mattress was sprung, and my side was dunlapillo. Bliss!! :O)

Such a shame the damp got in the rear kitchen area, we would have probably kept it another couple of years.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Arakassi,

Ours also had all the original interior apart from new curtains. The upholstery was immaculate, and was the best nights' sleep we had in any caravan. We used the front as two singles, one mattress was sprung, and my side was dunlapillo. Bliss!! :O)

Such a shame the damp got in the rear kitchen area, we would have probably kept it another couple of years.
Just to add, it was circa 1982. We sold it about 10 years ago.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts