Tyres on car

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello I am picking my caravan up in the morning it's been a while since I towed would anyone be able to tell me ,as we are going down south at weekend do I need to adjust the tyre pressures on the car to the fully laden settings ?

Alan

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
You'll have to refer to your car handbook. Whilst most cars require rear tyres to be inflated to a higher pressure, some don't. My present towcar goes from 2.4 up to 2.8 bar when towing but two or three cars ago Michelin (for some reason) said they shouldn't be changed.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome, Alan, on my Santa Fe, on the door post it shows the tyre pressures, and there is no difference between light load and fully laden , BUT, in the handbook under towing it states to increase by 3 psi. Which I do.
Happy towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
oggie101 said:
Hello I am picking my caravan up in the morning it's been a while since I towed would anyone be able to tell me ,as we are going down south at weekend do I need to adjust the tyre pressures on the car to the fully laden settings ?

Alan

It is irrelevant what other car manufacturers tell their owners to do, you should be guided by the instructions in your car's handbook or door pillar pressures.

TRENDING THREADS