Ultipeg

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Bought the Ultipeg system at the Newark show. The guy is a caravanner and retired engineer. He doesn’t have a website but if you put “ultipeg” into Facebook you will find him.
Basically it is a steel pool that clips into steel pegs and you can then hammer in the pegs without bending over. Tried it this weekend and it is great. I have no commercial connection, just a happy customer.
For those of you who have wallets of a nervous disposition, be warned, it is not cheap ( Take a steadying breath-£45 for the pole and £3:50 per peg). It is clearly quality.
Will try and post a photo.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Do you need to bend down to remove the pegs that have been hammered in? Looking at price etc I think using the screw pegs with a drill is easier for us.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Do you need to bend down to remove the pegs that have been hammered in? Looking at price etc I think using the screw pegs with a drill is easier for us.
You twist the end of the pole onto the peg and then twist and pull. It does mean you dont bend but you still need to exercise some force. It is the bending but not the force that does us in.
Mel

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sadly, putting "ultipeg facebook" into Google search doesn't find his Facebook page - I can't find any other way for non-Facebook users.
The guy says it is a “cottage “ industry. Unless you are on Facebook you won’t find him on the internet. He said that he is making them by hand and couldn’t keep up with the multiple orders that the internet would bring. He relies on the Warner’s shows, which is where we found him. He said it was a retirement project rather than big business. I can give you the email address but at the price point, you wouldn’t want to ordering sight unseen as it may not work for you.
Mel

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You twist the end of the pole onto the peg and then twist and pull. It does mean you dont bend but you still need to exercise some force. It is the bending but not the force that does us in.
Mel
I did a search and the the FB Ultipeg doesn't say much, but on a link to a Newark show I found a video. He really struggled to pull out the peg and he looked young and fit. The hammering would do us in. LOL! I don't think he is going to be selling many kits even if it is very robust.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
So how many of theses pegs, at £3.50 a time do you need fir your awning? Cheaper to pay an urchin to hammer them in for you.
Trouble with urchins is they also expect to be fed. 😀 The pole and peg seems like a better option. Also cheaper than a Chiropractor

Reactions: Mr Plodd
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Mel.
There are a number of caravanners I see on site who struggle with pegs. If it means Ultipeg keeps them going then that’s good news. I suppose even at the price quoted devalued over five years isn’t too bad.
I’m still on the screw pegs hammered in and pulled out with a claw hammer. But knee pads are a must. Getting back up is harder these days 🙉
How about you send the chap to the Dragons Den? Duvalay went in years ago, got sponsored and look at them today.

Reactions: Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts