UMMMM-----Cornwall

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Think I will move my van back to Devon what with all the fellow forumites heading down there :whistle:

I reckon it's gonna sink even further :dry:

This was the last time we were down there end of May

IMG_7768_zpskkhd0qbs.jpg

Off again tomorrow for the Royal Cornwall Show and guess what the forecast is for Friday when we are there :evil:

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I know what the problem is and how to solve it......... take off the blue wave transfer decals you put on the side of your caravan and change the name.
Symphony?..........you are getting Handel's water music every time you set foot near it!

You need a large yellow Sun decal and scenes of a desert oasis and you will be fine...... and change the name to Sunrise Explorer..........Trust me ;)

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
yeah typical, schoolboy humour :whistle: :whistle: take the pith, :p suppose Kev wont mind, :sick: but in all honesty I would have been furious with that site, not only for allocating a pitch for seasonal use that was known to flood, but also for not informing me that there was a problem with the awning, duty of care, yeah fell down on that one me thinks.

that is the trouble with some sites that take seasonal bookings, grab the cash and leave you to it,!! it's not good enough, before the decision was made to sell the van we looked at a few seasonal's and also some pitch and store ones, just to see if it was worth keeping it a bit longer, one by one the list reduced as became obvious that the seasonal aspect was more about the regular income than the service one expects they would provide, pitches at the bottom of the site [flooding] pitches under the trees [ where it rains sap for most of the summer] or stuck in one corner with all the other regular [workmen - residential type units] and where the service was up to scratch they were either far too expensive or had a waiting list several years long, so we gave up and sold it, I do hope that Kev gets his money back and finds a site where they actually care about other peoples property they have on the site.

oh and I for one would never make humour out of someone's misfortune, whether their a rain god or not, :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
I know what the problem is and how to solve it......... take off the blue wave transfer decals you put on the side of your caravan and change the name.
Symphony?..........you are getting Handel's water music every time you set foot near it!

You need a large yellow Sun decal and scenes of a desert oasis and you will be fine...... and change the name to Sunrise Explorer..........Trust me ;)

I trust you whole heartedly Sir Gaffabill, and such a simple solution :)
only wish I thought of it before you :(

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
yeah typical, schoolboy humour :whistle: :whistle: take the pith, :p suppose Kev wont mind, :sick: but in all honesty I would have been furious with that site, not only for allocating a pitch for seasonal use that was known to flood, but also for not informing me that there was a problem with the awning, duty of care, yeah fell down on that one me thinks.

that is the trouble with some sites that take seasonal bookings, grab the cash and leave you to it,!! it's not good enough, before the decision was made to sell the van we looked at a few seasonal's and also some pitch and store ones, just to see if it was worth keeping it a bit longer, one by one the list reduced as became obvious that the seasonal aspect was more about the regular income than the service one expects they would provide, pitches at the bottom of the site [flooding] pitches under the trees [ where it rains sap for most of the summer] or stuck in one corner with all the other regular [workmen - residential type units] and where the service was up to scratch they were either far too expensive or had a waiting list several years long, so we gave up and sold it, I do hope that Kev gets his money back and finds a site where they actually care about other peoples property they have on the site.

oh and I for one would never make humour out of someone's misfortune, whether their a rain god or not, :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Hi Colin, I really dont mind the humor, perhaps thats what is missing in this world, more please :kiss:
Got my snorkel packed for the off in a couple of hours :(
The site said they rang my home number to alert us re the awning and spoke to wife. We had no call so
I asked them to check my number in the file, guess what my file was under a differant pitch number and yes the women they spoke to gave there permission for them to put it back up, but that didnt happen either.
The groundsman walked into "my Pond" on last visit and before I could say stop he was in it up to his ankle's.
He said they were to sort drainage that week, will find out if they have done anything later today.
Will keep you posted.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kev,
Yep, moving your van to Devon makes sense, it's been lovely in Ipplepen all week, no floods, no awning crunching winds. Why don't you come on this site, I'll put in a good word for you! An extra bonus would be that you could travel from home to pitch in how many minutes?

I have noticed the weather is due to change at the weekend, do I have you to blame for that as you have decided to have a weekend off? Really! No consideration for your fellow forum members at all.

Have a good weekend whatever the weather.
Rob

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Robtel said:
Hi Kev,
Yep, moving your van to Devon makes sense, it's been lovely in Ipplepen all week, no floods, no awning crunching winds. Why don't you come on this site, I'll put in a good word for you! An extra bonus would be that you could travel from home to pitch in how many minutes?

I have noticed the weather is due to change at the weekend, do I have you to blame for that as you have decided to have a weekend off? Really! No consideration for your fellow forum members at all.

Rob
Kev
Rob makes a very good point. Lower fuel costs, you know the best Locals and Supermarkets. A home from home :cheer:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As I am sure Kev, is the Forums, present Rain God, I have seen this weekends forcast for RMK. And it's Rain, how far away from you have to be from, TRG, (The Rain God). To get decent weather.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Robtel said:
Hi Kev,

Rob

Hi rob, well I survived the weekend, no snorkel needed, had a couple of showers but that was it.
Been banned from Ross Park..........................well not strictly the right word but when i got this van I tried to book a pitch for the weekend, they didn't believe you could get a 7.95m (incl A Frame) on a single axle so they refused me. Oh well there loss have wheels will travel, went to Dornafield down the road so even closer to home!!

By the way hope you have enjoyed it down yer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts