Underbed table storage

Oct 18, 2024
Visit site
Hi, we are looking at changing our Pegasus Verona for a new Unicorn Vigo but are concerned about the table storage under the bed. The weight and reach means that my wife isn't able to get the table in and out.
Has anyone successfully adapted the hangers to enable the table to be slid in and out rather than lifted? I am wondering if fitting a rail between the front and back hangers on each side would work? Thanks

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
So how about you, rather than your wife, lift the table in and out?? (Unless of course you are likewise unable to do so, but that information isn't in your post)

If not I would think a couple of lengths of aluminium angle to provide a " slide & ramp" from the brackets nearest the bottom of the bed, up to the "lip" should make life a bit easier.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We had a grande Messina with the table under the rear island bed. The table was a swine to get out. Not only did you have to slide and lift, you then had to turn the thing sideways to get it through the door and amidships bathroom. This was with very little space to do so. Don’t know how it quite works in a Vigo, but if it is similar then I fully understand why you want to make the alterations. I have no advice for this, aside from leave the table at home and, if there are only 2 of you, use the front chest pull out if a Vigo has one.
Good luck
Mel

Oct 18, 2024
Visit site
Yes, even with a good back and strength it is a struggle. It seems odd that other manufacturers' designers generally seem to find a slot somewhere for the table but Bailey haven't.
We had thought of aluminium angles running between the hangers and wondered if others have actually make the alteration. Tips on sizings, what works, and what doesn't would be helpful. Thanks.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I have the identical set up in my Phoenix, I can't say I have any issues, or find the table at all heavy. I'm 70 but have no health issues (and neither does Mrs Plodd)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts