Unicorn 2 control panel

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Does anyone know how to turn the control panel backlight off on a Bailey digital control panel (Unicorn Valencia 2). Until yesterday it was switching off when the panel went into standby, but now it stays on all the time which is very annoying at night.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
chrisphoto said:
Hi. Does anyone know how to turn the control panel backlight off on a Bailey digital control panel (Unicorn Valencia 2). Until yesterday it was switching off when the panel went into standby, but now it stays on all the time which is very annoying at night.

Have you tried referring to your manual, or Google ? - Perhaps it wants you to set the clock or confirm some other parameter(s) before reverting to a default dimming setting ?

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Hadn’t thought of that ;-) Yes of course I did - the manual has no info and I can’t find any relevant post on the web, so I thought I would ask other Bailey owners. It worked until yesterday and now it isn’t. I’ve reset the panel by disconnecting power to it, but there may be another reset method I don’t know about, etc etc.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry if I have misunderstood. Do you mean the Alde heating panel? If so, press the settings icon ( the spanner) When you are on the settings page scroll down on the little arrow to the next page and you will see the display icon. It is a square ( I think it looks like the old fashioned icon for a floppy disc). Press this and you will get the display settings for the backlight. You can select dark.
I may be talking about the wrong thing, if so apols
Mel

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Thank you Mel. I mean the Bailey bit with the master switch etc not the Alde bit. Until 2 days ago the panel display (date, battery voltage, temperature) was going dim when he panel went into standby mode but now it stays brightly lit all the time. Nothing has changed and no setting seems to make a difference.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sorry Chris. We have got a S3 unicorn and the panel with the master switch is much lower tech. No illumination unless the pump light is on. Sorry can't help.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
chrisphoto said:
Thank you Mel. I mean the Bailey bit with the master switch etc not the Alde bit. Until 2 days ago the panel display (date, battery voltage, temperature) was going dim when he panel went into standby mode but now it stays brightly lit all the time. Nothing has changed and no setting seems to make a difference.

Have you tried a question on the Bailey Owners Forum, or direct to Bailey? When we had Bailey I found both very helpful in that they know the models idiosyncrasies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts