universal annex

Feb 12, 2008
Visit site
can anyone explain how to fit a universal annex i understand it fits on your awning polls but what about next to the van there arnt any please can someone explain

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi. i don't know about your particular annexe, but we have a low sleeping annexe. It zips into the side panel of the full awning, you then pull the floor out square and flat , peg the corners down. Then you crawl inside and and take a pole that opens into an "n" shape and push it into the seam where the back wall of the annexe meets the annexe roof, adjusting the size to make it taut. Gyu ropes and pegs, job done. We don't use the main awning poles at all. Perhaps yours is different? Is it the sort that just hangs inside the main awning not like mine that protrudes to the side?
mel

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
joner818 said:
can anyone explain how to fit a universal annex i understand it fits on your awning polls but what about next to the van there arnt any please can someone explain
Hi, you should have a pole supplied with the annex, it has a clamp on one end, is extendable and a plastic foot end on the other.
this pole clamps to the awning horizontal pole from the van to the awning upright, as close to the van as possible, from here the universal annex is secured to this pole and the awning upright,

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
joner818 said:
in a word no!! becasuse despite the word universal there are all different
smiley-frown.gif
some are full height some are short and slope down towards the back (like Mel's) and some in between,
the short one (like Mel's) dont have any poles that attach to the awning, just a simple n shape that fits at the back and are kept taught by guy ropes, the full size ones tend to have a inner frame, where two uprights (with feet on) are held up by two or one extenable poles that fit the main awning horizontal pole, and form a roof truss for the annex (like Steve P explained). it all depends on the type of annex you have and the fittings you have.
the manufacturers call them all universal simply because they can be used on any awning (with exeptions) with a zip out door on either end,
the exeptions are the type of Zip used and the type of awning they attached to.
without knowing the exact type of awning and annex any instructions would be a wild guess!!!!. sorry

gyp

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Is this the "Universal Awning" which is supposed to fit all makes of awnings.They are sold by Outdoor Revolution , Towsure and other brands. They do not zip into the awning and have only 1 Frame pole which is like a pram hood.
With these you take out the awning side and peg the floor of the universal annex on the ground with its front edge just into the awning .Pull up the Annex like a pram hood pull the annexe side edges into the awning and secure them to the front awning pole and the awning roof pole. Together with the floor which is already pegged out the annex is secured on 3 of its 4 sides.
Somehow you then need to try and find some attachment points on the caravan or obtain a pole to fit ground to awning top pole at the back of the awning next to the van.This i found difficult, and eventually sold the one I had.
Outdoor Revolution shows this type of item in their brochure on line.
Not the most succesful of awnings in my opinion.

Gyp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts