Unknown Issue

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
With the rest of them you have to maintain the polish by shampooing and reapplying the coat. Paintseal used a ceramic coating so no need to keep maintaining it.
Ceramic coatings are even more dependent on the care/skill of the "operator" as well as the preparation and quality of the underlying paintwork.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
My caravan was coated by Paintseal from new. The dealer said that was the way Paintseal worked. And, like Buckman, it has been great. but probably wearing thin now. When I got the Volvo I had that done, The Volvo dealer said they were licensed to do it. However, it was easy to see how poor the job was by the way water settled on the surface. I complained and they did not object to do it again. This time I was able to watch them with the dash cam.

John

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
Back to the OP, the dull patch may be from a repair at the factory when the caravan was new. You’d be surprised how many get a bit of panel damage on the production lines and have to be repaired prior to dispatch.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Oh Ok Now I understand.

It was a "throwaway comment",

Your post was based on your personal experience of around 18 years ago. Completely irrelevant, misleading and worthless!

Why on earth would you feel it worth commenting - especially with a negative post - on a situation that's now so out of date.

You do seem to post frequently - in fact almost hourly.

Rather hoping other contributions are a tad more useful. Please tell me this one was posted because you just had to fill a few minutes and the accuracy and usefulness of the post was irrelevant!

I was commenting on a previous experience using that product on a car however the current Paintseal was done just over 4 years ago and we are very happy with it. however this does not help the OP's current dilemma.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We think that as Nigel Hutson described our van had been damaged before leaving the factory, or when it was at the dealers, repair was probably ok when fresh, but over time faded,and was most noticeable under artificial street lighting, different dealer did not mention it when we traded it against next van.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We think that as Nigel Hutson described our van had been damaged before leaving the factory, or when it was at the dealers, repair was probably ok when fresh, but over time faded,and was most noticeable under artificial street lighting, different dealer did not mention it when we traded it against next van.
The old sodium or Mercury street lights really picked up any resprayed panels on vehicles.

Apr 2, 2022
Visit site
On a previous caravan we used Meguirs 3 step and it really brought up the shine on the caravan, but that was many years ago when i was able to polish the caravan. Darn hard work! :D
Were you by any chance able to do the roof area. I would like a safe way to get the roof cleaned.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have always used a ladder, leaning on the side of the caravan, with something to cushion the top. I just annually give the roof a good wash, and a coating of Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Were you by any chance able to do the roof area. I would like a safe way to get the roof cleaned.
I use a ladder and to protect the caravan I use two sections of cylindrical foam pipe lagging. I cut each one down its length and then fit one on each side of the ladder. Washing i spray with Fenwicks caravan cleaner, then rinse it off using a telescopic brush with water supply incorporated. Finally spray with Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We also use a a extending ladder for cleaning our roof my wife says it easier using the brush that is telescopic it can reach from one side to the other with the caravan cleaner

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts