Unmissable programmes......

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
When we are at home I am able to record my favourite TV prog - X Factor! However, when we are away in the van I plan my movements around watching it on a Saturday night - I've had me dinner and the washing up is done, got me telly sweets ready, drink in hand......

Is anybody else as sad as I am?? What programmes do you plan your movements around when on site?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Valerie.

When we have done the washing up("well me") We also settle down for the evening with sweets and a glass of red in hand. However we now do not take the tele,just the radio for the local news and weather and settle down with a book or Maggy.We have also found that we hardly ever watch tele at home now!! bliss.

Regards

Nidge

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Blimey, hats off to you, genuinely!

I'm so sad me and my mate text each other with funny comments about the acts - even when we are at home, bless me!

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The only programmes I might plan around is International Football matches when England are playing. Regards the rest I couldn't care less. I don't even watch X Factor at home or the other rubbish they put on like Strictly, Dancing on Ice, Holby, Casualty and even Her Ladyship no longer watches soaps although she likes most of the above except X-Factor.

I'd rather listen to the birds. We don't have the radio on either except for the weather so at least we aren't a pain in the aspidestra to others.

Sorry Valerie, my vote is you're sad ... heh! heh! heh!

No, in truth do what you want, it's your life and has long as you haven't got the TV on full blast bothering your neighbours it's nobody elses business.

P.S. If you're married I do feel sorry for your hubby though ... heh! heh! heh!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We certainly do not plan our social lives around the TV. If we miss the junk that they call programs, it does not bother us because as sure as nuts you will get a re-run on it but then we probably wouldn't watch that re-run anyway!

G

Same for us. I did get a flat screen tv for the van and did set it up once, but we decided there was so little to watch we did not bother, so it is back in the attic along with other unrequired gizmos. At home I do not even watch the news very much anymore as the BBC is so sanitised to lick up to the Government, that it is not worth it.

Like others we stick with books/magazines and the crossword from the daily paper. Scrabble and Dominos are our other standby. I do admit I had assumed the X Factor was another Mulder and Scully programme, until otherwise informed by No:1 daughter.

However, Valerie, you are free to watch whatever you wish both at home and abroad.

To all of us who feel that TV is not worth the candle, can we possibly set up a protest movement to get our licence fees reduced. Especially as we here in Scotland are not even getting all the programmes being shown in England anyway. I am advised by the 'boss' that the new Miss Marple is on tonight EXCEPT in Scotland.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Valerie

You are not "sad" enough, get yourself a Humax machine or similar, our LCD tv we use in the van we normally use for the home security screen, is only analogue, the Humi records two programmes at once, and provides a digital picture, so you can watch xfactor (if you're that sad) at your leisure!

Funny old world, no TV but spend hours on a forum, what's the difference?

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
The only programmes I might plan around is International Football matches when England are playing. Regards the rest I couldn't care less. I don't even watch X Factor at home or the other rubbish they put on like Strictly, Dancing on Ice, Holby, Casualty and even Her Ladyship no longer watches soaps although she likes most of the above except X-Factor.

I'd rather listen to the birds. We don't have the radio on either except for the weather so at least we aren't a pain in the aspidestra to others.

Sorry Valerie, my vote is you're sad ... heh! heh! heh!

No, in truth do what you want, it's your life and has long as you haven't got the TV on full blast bothering your neighbours it's nobody elses business.

P.S. If you're married I do feel sorry for your hubby though ... heh! heh! heh!
LB

He is obliged to watch my X Factor as I am indulged in his Sunday viewings, namely nature progs, yawn.... The slimey pupating insects and regurgitating creatures crawling across the screen are enough to make me hurl. Surely Simon Cowell in no way compares to that?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Valerie

You are not "sad" enough, get yourself a Humax machine or similar, our LCD tv we use in the van we normally use for the home security screen, is only analogue, the Humi records two programmes at once, and provides a digital picture, so you can watch xfactor (if you're that sad) at your leisure!

Funny old world, no TV but spend hours on a forum, what's the difference?
There's better entertainment on the forum!

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
We have a Humax and Sky +HD at home so if the drag for a bottle or two of wine outside in the evening is too great (at home or in the van), we still don't miss our fav programmes (we have nearly caught up on X factor now!!).

May 21, 2008
Visit site
We have sky+ a DVD player and flatscreen TV, then the laptop and ps3 all set up in our van. Ok so we are techno nuts, but even with all that jazz, we can still take or leave TV.

I used to say that the tv licence should be scrapped and we should pay per view on the telly. But it is quite obvious with all the repeats, crappy programs and soaps with wooden actors blatently reading auto Q, that the tv and film companies would go bust if they were paid for their efforts.

Steve L

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts