Unravalling toilet rolls

Apr 19, 2005
Visit site
I can`t believe each week in numerous caravan magazines "Top Tips" sections people go on about the hundreds of different ways people do to solve unwinding toilet roll problems. People use pegs,pins, elastic bands . electronic devices ( a bit far fetched I know). I have the perfect cost & time effective method " Just squash the flipping thing out of shape"

I never knew such a small dilemia could endless sleepless nights for these people.

Mark & Co.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've spent many hours considerng this very thorny issue. What I ended up doing was designing a stainless steel cylinder in which to place the offending roll. It has a slot along it's length so that the paper can be pulled out. There is also a hole at each end so the it fits into the roll holder. Now that it's totally encased it can not possibly unravel. Frabrication costs were only

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Chris,

I'm surprised you took such an expensive, and dare I say over-engineered solution to this quite important problem.

Simply soaking the toilet rool in white PVA glue means that you'll never have a sheet come loose again.

Regards, Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Far too complicated. I simply tear off each sheet of paper and put them all in a handy little bag which is kept next to the loo. When a piece of bathroom tissue (as I prefer to call it) is required I simply take a piece from the bag.

Very inexpensive and paper NEVER ends up all over the floor (except that time when the bag fell open on a journey).

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

I drive a six inch nail through the toilet roll and then through the side of the caravan. This has the added advantage of creating a coat hook inside the awning

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The trouble with you lot is you have been pampered for far too long. I thought camping was all about getting back to nature and enjoying the great outdoors. Do the same as us, dispose of your toilet roll holder which has the benefit of reducing weight and get back to basics and use sods of grass.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lets have an article in practical caravan mag on 'WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR LOO ROLL'

should go DOWN WELL

as well as the sink drainer

May 4, 2005
Visit site
We had a problem with the loo roll but found a very easy solution.Firstly buy 10 windbreaks and stack them against the loo roll holder when on the move and secondly drive at no more than 50 mph in the middle lane where its not so bumpy.....Brian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts