unscrupu[louse] site owners

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Static caravan sites, whether holiday or residential, have always suffered from "unfair" contracts which are very one-sided in favour of the site owner. Any contract should be read and understood BEFORE making a commitment.

CAB can provide really good advice in situations like this but they can't tear up your contract.

You have my sympathy, allen.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Name and shame comes to mind, but I doubt that it will be allowed by the Mods. If I felt that I was not getting value for money on any site I wouldn't return. I hope that goes for everyone else. Sites would soon go out of business. There is nothing like voting with your feet!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
A few years ago my wife and I thought of retiring from touring and buying a static in the Tenby/Newquay area of west Wales. We visited four sites in total, after the first site visit we thought we would play them at their own game. Each visit we had a marvellous welcome and shown all around the site and what plots were vacant. We were also shown the caravan owners facilities re club house, etc. which was far superior to the holiday maker facilities (why I do not know). After the tour we were given a full three course meal and then came the hard sell.

The conditions of the sale was such that we had to enter into their terms regarding HP, lettings, etc. and each time we questioned their charges they disappeared behind a screan to work out their figures, on no occassions would they undertake any calculations in front of us. The final thrust of the knife was that the offer was only good for the day and that if we did not sign there and then we would loose out. They would not let me take a copy of the lengthy contract home to read prior to signing and should I have purchased and wished to sell at a later date I would have to give them first refusal. Also as the van became older they would shift it further back on the site at my expence as they wanted new vans near the site complex and the older vans at the back out of sight. At their discretion I could be asked to remove the van from the site if they thought it was not posh enough. I obviously refused to sign but eventually had three days out without spending money on food etc. all it cost was fuel and wear and tear on the car.

TRENDING THREADS